clarity

Pearls by the yard/tin cup

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made my own by buying the components separately, using a mixture of white gold and tarnish resistant silver, from vendors such as Bella Findings and Rio Grande; and pearls from eBay, Etsy and other trusted pearl vendors.

Wire wrapping is easy, just need to get some good pliers and a good cutter.

DK :))

Q

Queenie60

Hi PB - I have had great success with Tahitianpearls.biz. You can speak to Veronica or Jose. They are on vacation until the 28th as I am working on some Christmas projects with them. They do not have everything on their website however if you phone them or email them - they can make most anything for you and I find them to be quite reasonable and very easy to work with. I have purchased 3 strands from them this year and in process of purchasing many items for my husbands employees. (888)869-8889. WWW.tahitianpearls.biz.. Good luck. :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think that's a really good price! But have you subscribed to the Pure Pearls mailing list? I would expect there to be a sale soon in the lead up to Christmas.

Most of the listed vendors should be able to make a tin cup for you, using any type of pearl. Freshwater pearls will be cheaper.

I also make my own tin cups but there is obviously the upfront investment in tools to factor in. Also, white gold chain in the right thickness is hard to come by.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1479444685|4100026 said:
I made my own by buying the components separately, using a mixture of white gold and tarnish resistant silver, from vendors such as Bella Findings and Rio Grande; and pearls from eBay, Etsy and other trusted pearl vendors.

Wire wrapping is easy, just need to get some good pliers and a good cutter.

DK :))

Yes!!
I made known tin cup necklace, too.
You just have to be brave and cut that chain! Maybe practice on costume jewelry first.
You will save $$$ and it's so satisfying when it turns out well!

img_20161118_081259538_hdr.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
$900.00 seems pretty steep for that tin cup. You could buy the amount of loose baroque baby blue akoya's from a vendor and then buy the sterling or white gold chain and wire from Rio Grande. Depending on the amount of pearls and the length, this would be less than the item shown.

Dakota

Rough_Rock
It is overpriced. I would shop around. If you can afford it and feel comfortable with that price though, don't let us stop you. But there are less expensive alternatives.

It does look REALLY good though.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1479483785|4100201 said:
$900.00 seems pretty steep for that tin cup. You could buy the amount of loose baroque baby blue akoya's from a vendor and then buy the sterling or white gold chain and wire from Rio Grande. Depending on the amount of pearls and the length, this would be less than the item shown.

Huh isn't it $629? And a 20% discount code would bring it down to $500.

ETA: Ohh I can see now that the cheaper price is for silver.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you thank you!

I will keep an eye out for sales during the holiday season! I wish I was crafty enough to make my own tin cup!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results