shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls are very versatile!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am attending a funeral today, and was deciding what to wear on my left hand.

I follow the custom of wearing diamonds or colourless CSs, white metal and pearls only for jewellery when the attire is head to toe black.

I struggled at first as I only have 2 diamond-only rings and both are RHRs.

I was going to choose the white oval Zircon with pale blue Sapphires as side stones, however, I struggled to put it on as my finger had gone up in size since it was made, it did not help that I had gained some weight lately too!

Then I remembered my pearl rings, one each in WSS, Tahitian, a SoC and a SoC mabe, PHEW!

Thank goodness for pearls!

DK =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the funeral 'went well' DK and your friend had had a long and happy life and you were all able to shear some laughs and smilies along with the tears

I wore pearl earrings to my Dad's funeral without even realizing it
I remember telling the undertaker (family friends of mum's) that i was not planning on looking like Rose Kennedy

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:sigh:

I came out of the funeral feeling rather cold and somewhat disheartened in that I believe the deceased deserved better as the service came across as rather impersonal to me; and she was a very active, outgoing and fun loving lady when she was alive.

I had a drink and raised my glass to her later in the evening.

An angel has joined the choir in the sky (I knew her via singing in a choir).

DK :cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to read that DK
so much depends on the celebrant ( not sure if that's the correct term in this case but you know who i mean)

The lady who did my MIl's was defiantly subpar

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK I'm very sorry for your loss :(sad

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
:sigh:

I came out of the funeral feeling rather cold and somewhat disheartened in that I believe the deceased deserved better as the service came across as rather impersonal to me; and she was a very active, outgoing and fun loving lady when she was alive.

I had a drink and raised my glass to her later in the evening.

An angel has joined the choir in the sky (I knew her via singing in a choir).

DK :cry2:

Blessings DK. My Grandmother’s funeral made me feel the same way, it was a windy, grey day & my beautiful Grandmother hated the wind & loved sunshine! I wore a pearl strand too as my Grandmother loved pearls.
She instrumental in my life, and she was such an amazing, strong, kind & fun spirited woman.
I will always be guided by what she taught me which; is to have integrity, accept people as they are, an ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes & be humble!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results