shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearlmans opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GuinnessGuy74

Rough_Rock
Hello. I have been browsing these forums for a while and finally decided to jump in feet first and post a topic. I am looking for a half shank, pave set, milgrain solitaire mounting for a 1.02 G VS2 Princess cut I have. I have been to a local jeweler and have looked at some of the Stuller Solstice rings that have pave set shanks (believe this is done by the local jeweler, since there are no pave''s on the Stuller site). I have been quoted at appox $1200 for a pave set with .30 CT of diamonds. I have also looked at the pave bands on Pearlmans website. I am unable to find any "real life" pictures of Pearlmans rings, so I am unsure of exactly how they look. I have read nothing but rave reviews on his work, but I am still a little skeptical about buying a ring I have never seen in person. I know this is a completely SUBJECTIVE question, but I was wondering how many people feel the extra money for Bill''s ring is worth it? Have any of you seen any of his pave bands? Anyone have any pictures of theirs (or others)? I have emailed the Pearlmans site a week ago asking for different views, since they only show one view, but I have not heard a response. Any thoughts/input/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you....

Jim

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Jim and welcome. are you talking about a ring in the Pearlman''s collection?

If so, i''m pretty sure they are made by Gumuchian Fils who is a high quality desinger. Also, Bill will send out a ring for you to look at before you buy so you wouldn''t have to worry about buying sight unseen. i do know he''s been out for some time and that may explain the delay in email response. I''d suggest calling or emailing again. I have purchased from Pearlmans several times and they are wonderful to work with.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely give Bill a call. Mrssalvo is right on...he sent out rings for us to see before we had to commit to buying anything. It was so helpful! He carries top quality pieces...definitely worth it!

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/25/2007 1:02:54 PM
Author:GuinnessGuy74
Hello. I have been browsing these forums for a while and finally decided to jump in feet first and post a topic. I am looking for a half shank, pave set, milgrain solitaire mounting for a 1.02 G VS2 Princess cut I have. I have been to a local jeweler and have looked at some of the Stuller Solstice rings that have pave set shanks (believe this is done by the local jeweler, since there are no pave''s on the Stuller site). I have been quoted at appox $1200 for a pave set with .30 CT of diamonds. I have also looked at the pave bands on Pearlmans website. I am unable to find any ''real life'' pictures of Pearlmans rings, so I am unsure of exactly how they look. I have read nothing but rave reviews on his work, but I am still a little skeptical about buying a ring I have never seen in person. I know this is a completely SUBJECTIVE question, but I was wondering how many people feel the extra money for Bill''s ring is worth it? Have any of you seen any of his pave bands? Anyone have any pictures of theirs (or others)? I have emailed the Pearlmans site a week ago asking for different views, since they only show one view, but I have not heard a response. Any thoughts/input/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you....

Jim
Hi Jim,

I sit in front of my computer all day long and if a email failed to get a reply then it was never received. I even go through my junk and trash. Most will agree I am one of the fastest to reply to a question as anyone you will meet. Try again and if within a hour there is no reply something is wrong beyond my control.

Thanks,
Bill

GuinnessGuy74

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the replies! I had no idea he could send out a piece to look at. I guess I should give him a call. Probably would have been a good idea from the get-go, but I wanted some opinions first! Thanks again!

Jim

dani13

Ideal_Rock
In your own words, Bill:

"If you email me and don't get a response within a few hrs, I either didn't get it, or I am dead!" LOL!!!
emwink.gif

I still remember you said that when I talked to you over the phone in the fall- I just died laughing!!!
3.gif
You are too funny!

GuinnessGuy- dont worry- email or call Bill again- he'll get back to you in no time!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results