shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl type to best complement VCA WMOP?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Hello Pearl Experts! I am awaiting new VCA sweet studs in WMOP. After staring at millions of necks and photos after the past several weeks I have decided I would like a pearl station/tin cup necklace to wear with it. I don't like pendants and I don't want the matching motif necklace.

I apologize for my ignorance but what kind of pearls should I be looking at? Akoya? WSS? Freshwater?

I have a WF ACA by the yard I have worn for years and love, each station (with bezel) measures approximately 4.6mm. After looking at various sites I think I want 6mm pearls, does that influence the origin?

I definitely prefer a cool toned white. I would like 18 inch with a loop for 16 inches. I think I want 9 pearls. Tiffany has one but in silver but I for sure prefer platinum/ would take white gold. Miki has one in white gold but it has 11 pearls and it looks too crowded to me (maybe I'm nuts?)?

Next question, who should I go to have it made? I would like great quality. I don't have the bandwidth in my life to source pearls and then have it made. I've read about Moline, Takahashi, PearlParadise. I think this is a super basic piece, but I don't really want to shop around for a quote. Who is the one person I should go to for a great piece based on whatever type of 6mm white pearls y'all recommend?

Thanks in advance!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Takahashi would be my suggestion. I actually have this on order with them, although my akoya pearls will be 8-8.5mm. I ordered a set of akoya gem studs in January and I love them so much and knew right away I needed the tin cup necklace. My necklace will be white gold, 16” with 9 pearls as I thought 11 pearls looked crowded, as well. They are a pleasure to work with!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Takahashi would be my suggestion. I actually have this on order with them, although my akoya pearls will be 8-8.5mm. I ordered a set of akoya gem studs in January and I love them so much and knew right away I needed the tin cup necklace. My necklace will be white gold, 16” with 9 pearls as I thought 11 pearls looked crowded, as well. They are a pleasure to work with!

Fantastic! Thank you! Do you think standard akoya white will complement the VCA WMOP? I clearly know nothing about pearls.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Im sorry, I don’t know. I have yet to purchase a VCA piece. Although, I’ve been eyeing the WMOP myself…earrings and necklace. Did you get the vintage size? That’s the one I’m leaning toward. I’d love to see pics of yours!
ETA: FYI- the wait on my necklace with Takahashi is 4 weeks.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I bought and returned the vintage size. At the end of the day it was too big for me and too heavy, but I’m only used to small studs. I have the sweet pave and love them and wear them daily so I’m getting the sweet WMOP. I know I have to baby them more than the pave but I couldn’t pass up on the beautiful glow of the mop. I will definitely post photos when they come!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know!! Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WMOP is white south sea! So that would have been my recommendation were it not for the size preference.

But at ~6mm you’re definitely looking at freshwater or akoya. I’d go with natural white akoya, VCA’s WMOP doesn’t have much pink to it so pinked akoya would be unlikely to match in body.

Pearl Paradise is my recommendation for one stop shopping! You’ll want to ask about pearl mounting options - cups, wire, etc. Pearl Paradise has lovely pearls and they’re incredibly easy to work with ❤️

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
WMOP is white south sea! So that would have been my recommendation were it not for the size preference.

But at ~6mm you’re definitely looking at freshwater or akoya. I’d go with natural white akoya, VCA’s WMOP doesn’t have much pink to it so pinked akoya would be unlikely to match in body.

Pearl Paradise is my recommendation for one stop shopping! You’ll want to ask about pearl mounting options - cups, wire, etc. Pearl Paradise has lovely pearls and they’re incredibly easy to work with ❤️

Thank you @yssie! I will be sure to make sure no pink! Is there a preferred mounting? I would likely just defer to them. I’ll reach out. I’ll also just mention what I’m trying to accomplish. Hopefully the context will help them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So there's the "cup" style - where the pearl attaches to a cup, and the cup attaches to chain:

1711395322763.png

Or there's the "wire wrap" style - more of a casual look IMO:
1711395603722.png

I'd check with Pearl Paradise and see what they can do and what recommend, for ~6mm pearls one attachment style might be preferable from a structural standpoint. Cups will be more pricey.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
So there's the "cup" style - where the pearl attaches to a cup, and the cup attaches to chain:

1711395322763.png

Or there's the "wire wrap" style - more of a casual look IMO:
1711395603722.png

I'd check with Pearl Paradise and see what they can do and what recommend, for ~6mm pearls one attachment style might be preferable from a structural standpoint. Cups will be more pricey.

Ah yes, your sprinkle beauty! I will see what the experts say and report back! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results