shape
carat
color
clarity

pearl stringing

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Psers ,
I bought loose pearls from ebay and need someone to string them for me as the vendor does not do it . Do you know of a pearl stringing service ? what about etsy ? Thanks a lot .

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Have you checked with your local jeweler? I bet that if they carry pearls, they know of a local stringer. Mine has a local stringer that they send their work out to. She does a lovely professional job at a reasonable price. That's where I would start with asking.

Good luck.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks flygirl,
But I dont know any local jewelers ! I used to buy mine from the mall chain stores and after PS , from their vendors .
what is the standard price for stringing a necklace or bracelet ?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I had a similar problem some years back. I had some pearls that needed restringing and then bought some online that were the wrong length.

So I learned how to restring myself (well you know what I mean :lol: ).

Googled, Youtubed, went on various forums and asked a lot of questions, read a great thread here on doing it yourself which come to think of it is how I found Pricescope. I'll see if I can find if should you decide to try on your own :)

Ended up learning a lot and then went crazy knotting everything I own (I'm a beader as well).

Go for it. You'll save a lot of money, and it ain't that hard. Takes a few goes to get pretty good at it though, but don't let that stop you.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
My strand came loose a couple of years ago, and I took it to a local jeweler to be restrung. I think it was around $60, but I didn't have to have the whole strand redone, just a small part of it.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Two years ago it cost me $100 to have a 16 inch strand restrung.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link to PP's service - much more affordable!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia ,
actually I was thinking of stringing the pearls myself as they are not expensive ! I will look in youtube about stringing .
everyone , thanks for your help . I did search online and found this site though :
http://www.suerunyondesigns.com/Stringing.html

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Nacrelover , PP's stringing prices are reasonable .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results