shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise July Special

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Anybody order it yet? I just ordered my first strand of real pearls (okay, not exactly true, I do have some rice pearls from ex's mom from hyderabad and I make jewelry, so have used pearls then) from them- freshwaters, 6.5-7mm, and keep going back and forth on ordering the July special. What do you all think of the necklace? Seems like a good deal and an item and one would use often. I love Tahitians, particularly all the baroques I've seen on this forum, just gorgeous!

Has anyone gotten it yet? What do you think?

http://www.pearlparadise.com/Day-to-Night-Collection-Tahitian-and-Akoya-Pearl-Tin-Cup-Necklace3887.aspx

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm not into tahitians but i do think this is a great looking and versatile necklace. i'm usually not a fan of this style but this is a winning combination......thinking about it......

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
My, my. Everybody is reading this, but no one has anything to say...Is this a good deal? I'm gonna get it. Will post when it comes.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think it is good deal. 18 inch 14Kt anything for 247 is a very good deal and to have pearls on it to? I bet it will be lovely and you will like it a lot. I bought as a gift for my sister several yearls ago a necklace somewhat like this rather than Akoyas it had diamonds and she loves it and wears it quite a lot. Give us a review after it arrives.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered the necklace and matching earrings! This is my very first pearl purchase, and I am very excited to see what they will look like in person.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great! Please give us a review after they arrive. Enjoy your new necklace :appl:

The earrings are showing out of stock.. are they in stock???

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks 4Ranch Girl!! I will definitely give feedback after I receive them.

bean, they were out of stock, but a pair were returned, and those are the ones I was able to purchase today. Apparently, the earrings have been extremely popular, as you can wear them as a stud, or attached the chain with extra pearls.

I was debating on them and waited because I wanted to see someone else with them first! Oh well.. I snoozed on this one. There was another pp special that i regret not buying (exotic solid strand). doh. Can't wait to see them!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I received the necklace and earrings just now, less than 24 hours after ordering them!!! Definitely the quickest delivery time I have ever experienced when purchasing online.

The set is lovely. It is very delicate and pretty and the two colors work so well together! It has definitely made me more interested in pearls, and I will definitely be buying a more significant sized strand in the future. :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
my pleasure mz! :wavey: hope all is well with you and yours.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks! seem to be going through a period of time....thankfully....when the cats are holding their own re their aging health issues.

and i just got another necklace from catherine!

i think if that necklace were longer than 18 inches i'd go for it myself. i don't suppose we could get a neck shot? when/if it would be convenient one day?

that is simply amazing re the shipping. good to know!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Please post pictures. I am in Chicago and have to wait til Monday:(

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I did take some pictures, but they did not turn out the best. Sorry ladies. MZ, I would say on my neck the 18" is a bit shorter than I would like it, but it is still okay due to the gravity of the larger pearl at the bottom. Good to hear about the cats and the new necklace MZ!

You can always send it back and have them add some chain to lengthen it.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
It came...and I LOVE it. Will post pics when I get time, but I am working overnight tomorrow, so will be wednesday at the earliest. More likely on the weekend.

It has a nice weight to it, very delicate appearing and it will be a great work necklace. Hopefully, will be durable as well. Now the only problem is I REALLY want a strand of tahitian baroques.

If you are debating on getting it, I would definitely recommend that you buy it. I also purchased a strand of 6.5-7mm freshwaters. Also lovely, can't wait to look at them during the day in the light. Unfortunately, am on call at work tomorrow and so don't get to wear either strand til Thursday :((

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1311386510|2975005 said:
thanks! seem to be going through a period of time....thankfully....when the cats are holding their own re their aging health issues.

i think if that necklace were longer than 18 inches i'd go for it myself. i don't suppose we could get a neck shot? when/if it would be convenient one day?

When you order simply ask for it to be made longer. I am sure they would.

I caved. Once I saw the earrings were back in stock I ordered the necklace and earrings. I have been DYING for some pearl jackets to wear with my diamond studs and these are perfect! The necklace, I'm not as sure about but I don't have a tin-cup type pearl necklace so I thought I would try it. If I am not a fan, I will just return it. I am just worried I might feel it is too short, but I guess I could always buy a wg chain extender.

Anyhoo. I did 3 day shipping (3-5) so I hope to get them early next week!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Bean,
I love the necklace. Am so excited to wear it tomorrow. I didn't get the earrings and am kind of glad I didn't since the akoya pearls in the necklace are TINY. I don't think I'd get a lot of use out of the studs.

I really do think you will be happy w/ the necklace, tho.

I agree that the studs will be too small for me- I am thinking about giving them away to my mom or wait and give them to my baby cousin!

I think the drops will look really nice with my 1.46 ctw studs though ::)

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I don't know Bean, we might have to see pictures of them to judge for ourselves. LOL :appl:

Got my tracking info- should have it by tuesday 7pm (I paid for 3 day shipping- I'm horrible at waiting)

Mia is awesome:) please post pics when you get yours!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1311919720|2979589 said:
4Ranch Girl|1311658478|2976909 said:
movie zombie|1311386510|2975005 said:

When you order simply ask for it to be made longer. I am sure they would.

I contacted them directly about this, ask for Mia.. Its a special order, but it can be done! I'm having 2" added to a necklace so that it measures 20" total. :))
I am in San Diego too. Next year try and go to the Ruckus at PP you would love it!!!

Got my pearls.

The akoyas are TINY TINY TINY. I have never seen pearls so small before.
I am not sure if I should keep all items, one or none. I'm really torn.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
What did you decide? Do you have picture? Can you put it next to a coin so we can see the size reference? Thanks.

I decided to return them. They are very delicate and would look good on someone like my mom who is tiny :cheeky: but I felt like an ogre in them! LOL I did take a snapshot with my (dirty) diamond studs though.

I liked the earrings the most. I think I might have some drops made like this in the future but with some bigger pearls.

photo.JPG

With my hand... the chain part was SO SO SO thin. I was very worried about getting it tangled. I really like the style though but I would need bigger pearls.

photo.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results