shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl pairs?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pearl experts!

i am looking for a pair of drop shaped pearls? Where do you recommend I look? Thanks so much!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered a freshwater drop pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise. Price was very reasonable, I thought - $65 for a 11-12mm (plus extra for the setting, chain and clasp). I haven't received it yet, but others have posted positive comments about Pearl Paradise, so I have high hopes.

LouiseH

Rough_Rock
Hi, brand new poster here! I've been enjoying all the discussions and especially the photos of everyone's pearls.

I've bought quite a number of items from an eBay seller called Pearl Lunar. They have some pairs of tear drop shaped pearls in their listings right now. One of the things I like about them is that they are very clear whether the color you see is dyed or not. They also post tons of photos of the actual pearls you get, which I check against my purchases when they arrive. Yes, sure enough, they are exactly the ones pictured, down to the tiniest blemishes.

Since I'm new, I'm not going to put a link in here. I have no association with this seller other than as a very satisfied customer. In fact, I'm wearing a strand of pink baroques from them right now :D

-Louise

Pearl Paradise. They can make some for you- call them though.

I don't recommend pearllunar unless you know what you are buying and have purchased pearls before. Their quality is ok for beading (to me) but if I wanted a stunning piece I'd contact PP, or TPO or Kojima

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1312469555|2984012 said:
Pearl Paradise. They can make some for you- call them though.

I don't recommend pearllunar unless you know what you are buying and have purchased pearls before. Their quality is ok for beading (to me) but if I wanted a stunning piece I'd contact PP, or TPO or Kojima

Ditto. I bought a pair of earrings from Pearl Lunar a few years back. I wasn't that thrilled with them. The pictures seemed better than in person though. They had this bluish purple color that I was searching for but turned out to be just typical lavender pearls that I could have bought in the US. They were $50 and was a hassle if I have to return to China. I don't buy big ticket items (> $100) from China anymore.

You can call, chat or email PP and specify the overtone you are looking for. They are very helpful. Chenai, Trevor or any other people would be delighted to help you.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I haven't purchased anything from pearl paradise yet, that may be the route I go.I am curious about pearl lunar, but really want to avoid purchasing any more stones/pearls that are inexpensive but not great enough to use in jewelry.

Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results