shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Pearl Necklace

Discussion in 'Pearls' started by bzimmerman, May 27, 2010.

1. bzimmerman
    Rough_Rock

by bzimmerman » May 27, 2010
    The residents of pricescope gave me such great advice on choosing a diamond for my fiances engagement ring that I now am turning to the pearl experts on help with her wedding present.

I am looking to get her a pearl necklace, and coming from knowing nothing about pearls and reading the forum I''ve found pearl paradise. I have currently been looking at the freshadama and akoya AA+ as they have been about in my price range. Are they even comparable. Also is it worth it to get the Akoya AAA? I haven''t looked in any B&M stores but I doubt if I could tell the difference and am generally distrustful of most sales people.

Any guidance or other reputable dealers would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

2. Kaori Oku
    Rough_Rock

by Kaori Oku » May 27, 2010
    Hi Tia,

Mostly people here are liking the freshadama. I always like the akoya but I''m also Japanese and this is more popular for us. I did buy the one metallic pearls strand from PP and I really love that.

I have also bought pearls from Museum Way Pearls.com and been really happy with that one too.

3. cushioncutnut
    Ideal_Rock

by cushioncutnut » May 27, 2010
    I don''t have Freshadamas but those who have bought them thought they rivaled the akoyas. It is all about preferrence. You can start out with a lesser expensive strand of freshadamas and work your way into a more expensive strand of akoyas or even some gorgeous South Sea pearls........... A gal can never have enough pearls!!

4. that_someone_special
    Ideal_Rock

by that_someone_special » May 27, 2010
    I like the freshadamas for first time buyers ;-)

Honestly, that''s assuming the person you are giving pearls to, even like wearing them. I think giving someone a AAA Akoya strand that is never worn (and they probably don''t know the difference is a waste, which is why I usually recommend the freshadamas, and then moving up to a AAA Akoya strand, or South Sea... since those are a huge investment.

just my opinion.