shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl ideas for young girls

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am going to NYC tomorrow and would love to pick up a few bday presents for DDs whom are 7 and 11. I would prefer not to spend more than $500 per child. Any ideas of pieces and vendors? I am also not opposed to online vendors but thought since I will be in the city, I can go to the store directly to look.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pearls are such a cute idea.
You could easily get something fun and classic for that price or even a lot less.

For younger girls Id say go with nice freshwater pearls, they come in a lot of beautiful natural colors (I love pink freshwater pearls myself) You could even get matching bracelets and earrings! Freshwater are more durable then Akoya, and extremely beautiful.

Here are a few online vendors that are very reputable that sell gorgeous pearls! Will give you a good idea about what to expect for pricing. A lot of Brick and Mortar store will have higher prices for the same or even lesser quality pearls. So having a general idea for what to expect would be good if you want to buy in NY.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/c-100-freshwater-pearl-necklaces.aspx, Pearl Paradise freshwaters, I believe they have a sale going on as well
http://store.thepearloutlet.com/freshwater-pearl-necklaces-c9.aspx, The Pearl Outlet
http://www.americanpearl.com/whitepearls.html American Pearls

You can also check out Pure Pearls, Pearls of Joy, Catherine Cardinelli, and Kojima Pearls. They all have wonderful pieces, and there are some great etsy vendors who do fun things too

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I am going to check them out now!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Hey Stacey -
I live in NYC, and I buy online. Pearl Paradise & Pearls of Joy.
I have not come across pearls as nice and as reasonably priced as these online vendors after 10+yrs in NYC!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Staceyjan|1456015320|3993484 said:
Thank you so much! I am going to check them out now!
let us know what you get!! We LOVE Pictures!!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Staceyjan|1456006773|3993443 said:
I am going to NYC tomorrow and would love to pick up a few bday presents for DDs whom are 7 and 11. I would prefer not to spend more than $500 per child. Any ideas of pieces and vendors? I am also not opposed to online vendors but thought since I will be in the city, I can go to the store directly to look.

$500 per child? :o
Okay, I'll be the one in middle class. I'd suggest buying freshwater pearls and putting the rest of the money in a savings account.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I will know be sticking to online venders but will be looking today for a new band at IDJ for me.

My mother and I do together gifts for DD's. It makes it easier for me since I am the one ordering and going to the stores. They are her only grandchildren (I'm the only child) and she wants them to have memorable items for holidays, etc especially since she is getting older. We also put $ in their accounts monthly.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Purranha|1456016343|3993492 said:
Hey Stacey -
I live in NYC, and I buy online. Pearl Paradise & Pearls of Joy.
I have not come across pearls as nice and as reasonably priced as these online vendors after 10+yrs in NYC!

I love the pink pearls from PP. is there a fav jeweler you go to for diamonds? After 16 years of being married, I want an anniversary type of ring. He offered to get me one but I'm so OCD, I want to pick it out together.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second Ckrickett's recommendation of Pearl Paradise online. I don't think you can get more beautiful pearls at a better price in NYC. I recommend their freshadama line.

I think IDJ is a good place to shop for diamonds but they do best when you call ahead and tell them what you want so Yekutiel can bring them in for you to see. Also make sure to tell him you are a PSer.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
missy|1456056495|3993616 said:
I second Ckrickett's recommendation of Pearl Paradise online. I don't think you can get more beautiful pearls at a better price in NYC. I recommend their freshadama line.

I think IDJ is a good place to shop for diamonds but they do best when you call ahead and tell them what you want so Yekutiel can bring them in for you to see. Also make sure to tell him you are a PSer.
Great, thanks. I def will.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
American Pearl is in midtown in the diamond district. I've bought a number of pieces from them, both online and in person. You have to phone for an appointment as they are not a storefront, but it's worth a visit. Some things will be priced a bit higher than the west coast vendors, some things will be a bit less, so it's worth it to have a sense of that before you go.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
StacieJan, I would by a whole strand if that is what you have in mind and then break apart to make the necklace the size for the child. As she grows add in the pearl needed until she is an adult. That way they always match and you won't have to go hunting to find the right pearls .

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a wonderful idea! Love it!

Thanks everyone for your replies!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't spend too much. The reason being that at that age they aren't super responsible with jewelry. My daughter is 10 and she does have a pink peach baroque freshwater necklace. Pink is her favorite color. They are small, maybe 5mm. On her it looks like a normal sized necklace.

I have a few very nice things waiting for her when she gets to be a teenager.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results