So got my Pandora delivery today
blinkin' heck
Those charms are tiny and exspensive
And the dangle is one sided
Never to mind
Ill have a play around and post a picture latter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary's gone to bed but i have to wait for my pbone to charge so my alarm goes off a 5 tomorrow for work
So i have time for a bit of a play

You know the pandora ring was great value at $45 but the tiny silver dangle charm i want to put on the end of the extender is well .... tiny
Its a dear wee thing but its also only one sided
The coloured pandora charm also looked tiny but i think that's just a mind thing because it was more than 3 times the price of the 'big box store' daisy
Anyway just mucking around
No hurry
From left to right
Daisy Duck Disney silver Pandora charm
Pandora silver daisy dangle
Pandora dangle
Micheal Hill Emma and Roe deleted daisy
the warehouse $25 silver daisy charm
Micheal Hill daisy charm
20210618_205852.jpg

Reactions: CMN

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok i know this is getting into the faux jewlery territory but when im reasy to knot ill sort everything out into the correct place
but i have this
its actually a hair piece
Ive never worn it
There are about 23 daisies
Beside the other charms for comparison 16240121969861089926903.jpg
I tell you this would be lucky if it even cost $15 down Porirua mall at the costume jewlery place next to K-mart

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The troublesome little project that isnt going away :lol:
Just bought 3 more dsisy charms from the big box on line
the 3 for 2 deal is till the end of this month
i really need another one but thought id buy another 2 to get the bonus free one but stock was really low

This project has already been through one range deletion so im feeling a bit nervous as these daisies do not really match the Micheal Hill Emma and Roe one
Might pop into the local store next week and drop by the jewlery counter and see if they can sauce from another branch (our town only has the one branch)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well i think i have enough white daisies now
I have 9 from the big box all with the 3 for 2 deal
i think i only want 7 for the white daisy pearl necklase and two for the longer one with the pandora daisies

i just scored a brand new purple daisy pandora charm for NZ$40 on trade me which is practically half price plus free shipping
Too bad it has CZs so its destined for the faux forum pearl necklase
Ironic that necklase is going to the more exspensive one

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So just as well i got the $25 Daisy charms from the big box store when i did
I was buying some more winter sheets (is it even August ? and they are on clearance already) and went to look for the daises to get a spair or three and the whole range of charms and bracletes had disapaired
I guess the trend is dying ???
Must have been why they were doing the 2 for 3 deal but too bad for anyone starting to build one of their bracletes

At least with those add a pearl necklases the American ladies reminisce about - you can still buy a pearl for !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just looking at findings options
Thank you @bright&shiny
I shell me happy if my finished necklase is half as wearable as your opals

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-101316.png
    Screenshot_20210805-101316.png
    981.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210805-101338.png
    Screenshot_20210805-101338.png
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210805-101304.png
    Screenshot_20210805-101304.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so 2021 is almost history and i thought id update this thread if for no other reason than for myself ;)2:wavey:

many a night i have gone to bed thinking about how i will incorporate the large borred braclette charms onto a knotted pearl necklace:doh::doh::doh::wall::wall::wall:

i even in a few minutes of near insanity o_O serously considered hot glue to bung up the hole, going as far as to google how to get hot glue safely off a glued CZ :lol-2:

i have looked into those silcone bumper things and braclete stoppers plus my slightly hooky idea of jamming silver beads into the charm;)2

however now as im getting to the selecting and buying stage of the pearl componant im thinking the Wen prices are so good i'll just buy an extra strand :appl:and if a charm scratches a pearl or two i'll just swap the pearl out when it needs restringing and of course i might just find someone with a good idea in the mean time =)2

i would never do this with a beautiful Molain (excuse spelling ) pearl or anything up to Yssie's eye but this is a fun project making an everyday fun and wearable necklace, not adding to the British the crown jewles :lol-2:

remembering my white silver and enamel charms only cost $25 ea and most of those aquirred on clearence - i have 9 with a 10th as a spaire

again just yacking away to myself:lol-2:
but ive decided whiteness is the most important thing for the white daisy necklace because the charms are very white

I'm going to follow the advice of PC and get some of Wen's AAA's but im also keen to see some potato pearls for the pandora coloured daisy strand -

saddly (for my pocket) the mall strand i paid several $100 dollars for 4 years ago just isnt up to it luster wise :boohoo:(that strand is now destinated to be restrung with a fun and totally fake black sparkly cameo from down the accesory store from the Porirua mall:lol-2:)

and as prevously stated when the Pandora daisy necklase is complete i will transfer it to the fashion jewlery forum because of those pesky Pandora CZ's :lol-2:

i got most of the Pandora daises either on special or at least freight free
its going to be predominatly purple because a seller on trade me (NZ ebay) sells the pandora purple one's for NZ$40 freight free which is like half price =)2
i also ended up with 3 stirling silver Daisy Ducks and a Donald for $35 ea for a bit of added whimsy:appl:

Then i completly innocently/ nievely fell into the hole of buying some knock offs - I have no idea who EZ tuxedo are ? but the charm looks almost identical to the pandora one just kind of less curved and without being branded as such making it a total fake:D
i mean as nice as the pandora ones are they are hellishly overprices at NZ$75 to NZ$85 and from reading reviews the little cz doesnt always stay in there these days anyway :(2

but if i brought these look-a-like charms off Amazon the freight price makes them almost the same as the genuine thing from Pandorao_O which shows you how redicoulse :angryfire::boohoo:the exchange rate and shipping is right now on a US$21 dollar charm of unknown quality that states it has no warrenty claim if brought from overseas:doh:

but again ...still rambling to myself.....:lol-2: i figure a necklace is going to be more gentle on a charm than a braclete ever would be so just going to keep plodding along with what i can find on trade me weather that be the genuine Pandora or the other, i only need a couple of extra daises now if my design stays as it is at present ;)2 and there might just be a Valintine's day sales at Pandora if i dont have them all by then ;)2

i am going to start having a play around on the bead making board thingy i brought when i got the electronic calipers (to size the pearls i want -using grapes if you must know :lol-2:)
so when i get my phone back from the repair place (it is waiting on a new charging port that can't be ordered till the 5th:x2) i'll post some pictures on the fashion jewlery forum - trying to abide by the rules :boohoo:

but anyway im feeling very happy with myself having mangered to almost do this on my part time bakery job:appl:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
...So nearly 8 months latter
here i am :lol-2:
oh dang ! :lol-2:
No ! :lol-2:
another of Daisey's weird projects :lol-2:
this was never going to go away it just went onto the back burner till i was ready to order the pearls

these are hopefully for the default Pandora daisies, in blue, pink and purple as opposed to my white ones which until i can afford Mikimotos' (i hope i spelt him correctly) will be my signiture piece - :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: so for that necklace, never fear i will be taking help and advice on those pearls =)2

... i can't even remember how i ended up with this Pandora necklace idea :lol-2: - a 2nd daisy necklace but the charms cost too much not to keep going (i really wish they didn't have CZ's in them)
so i just ordered these potatoes
as apart from the colour i want these to look different to the white daisy necklace
Screenshot_20220728-231657.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank goodness for PS as ive lost all my notes when my phone died

just ordered the last two coloured daisies to finish the alterntive daisy necklace
just going to keep it simple
and about to finally order the pearls for the origional project
just going to go with Wen as just need to get these finished and around my meck

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ordered some pearls feom Wen pearls to finish the origional white daisy necklace
the daisy charms cost $20 - im not trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear so thought
these will be fine
but i bet i made a boo boo

AAA 7.3-8.4mm white near round potato freshwater pearls,custom drill big hole pearls for leather​

the diasy charms have big holes too
ideas for knotting ?
can you get really thick bead thread ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
sigh
i think im just going to have to reverse my idea of buying cheaper pearls to match the $25 silver and ennamel daisy charms
the pearls that arrived had too many fish bites and next to no luster
so i might just bite the bullet and buy them next month for my birthday
...back to the drawing board

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sigh
i think im just going to have to reverse my idea of buying cheaper pearls to match the $25 silver and ennamel daisy charms
the pearls that arrived had too many fish bites and next to no luster
so i might just bite the bullet and buy them next month for my birthday
...back to the drawing board

I'm sorry they didn't work out for you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry they didn't work out for you.

thank you Catmom

it just means i really have to buy nicer pearls
its all a learning curve and fun while im at it
worst case ill have interesting xmas tree decorations this year

this is going to be my fun signiture piece, so i just have to put the price of the silver & enamial daisy charms at the back of my mind, but while still being realistic ...
making a silk purse out of a sow's ear does comes to mind :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
talk about the slow burn
im just having trouble finding the right pearls at the right price, i want very white pearls to match the white enamel of the daisy charms
but but but
some encouraging news today
i had this bracelet charm i wanted to incorparate into a bracelet, it has the hole the same size as the daisies
the jewler is just going to make a silver disk for each end of the hole to stop it spinning on the strand
this will work with my white daisies too so im very happy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results