shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl dsisy necklase project

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This might be a thread that has a long slow burn
This is going to be my signature day time pearl necklase !

I really just need a place to log my ideas and of course i will need the creativity and wisdom of the pearl princess to keep me on track

it was never going to be my first project but now im getting a wee bit of income again its resparked my interest as it is a project i started at least 3 years ago ....

So - should it even surprise me the mall jewler Micheal Hill has meantime completly discontinued their etire charm braclete range -Emma and Roe

Not happy because i have 3 daisies and since hanging out with you guys i now know 3 daisies will be too understated

I mean i admit i have to be careful
i have a tendency to make things too busy so im kind of going for tastefully whimsical not something that looks like its from the $2 shop !

I mean the pearls are not that great from down the mall but they still cost me an over priced couple of hundard dollars

I don't remember the price of the charms but i am not at all impressed by the local price for Pandora and when i look at my more plain (no CZ's) daisy charms i still really like them

My aim is not to create a piece of fun fashion jewlery - im (fingers crossed ) rather just hoping to tastefully embellish a FW pearl necklase - but with subtle notes of underlying fun !

Ive started a pandora thread over in the fabulous fashion jewlery forum just so i can see my options should i need them but its predominantly a pearl project

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So this is the pearl necklase
They are very white
I like the size of the charms being in proportion to the pearls
20210512_173652.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So dont ask me why i wasted money on buying spacers- i think ive lost one any way :(2

20210512_173816.jpg my original plan was one centre daisy and two side ways (don't know the term for this kind of charm) daisys

Attachments

• 20210512_173800.jpg
    20210512_173800.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210512_173724.jpg
    20210512_173724.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210512_173824.jpg
    20210512_173824.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 23

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive found an Aussie facebook page where i can rehome the spacers - someone will need them
anyway i found these much cheaper charms from the local big box that are going to be my first option
Im not spending $100's of dollars on this when i have so many finer things on my wish list
They are doing a buy 2 get a 3rd free deal
Now they are in silver when my charms are trimmed in gold ....
I'm thinking if they look mismatched I'll swap out my centre gold edged one for a coloured pandora one (hence the pandora thread)
These are much cheaper !
But im not going to know what they are like till they are in my hand
Im thinking 4 of these
Screenshot_20210512-175106.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
To complicate things i got this for only $35 new and freight free from trade me (NZ ebay) even came in a Pandora pouch
20210512_173916.jpg
She is much nicer than she looked on the internet
Now i did not call myself after Daisy duck - im named after our old Jeep wrangler who was herself called after Catherine Bach's Daisy Duke
But Donald duck is my first American love
And i like intetesting little surprises at the back of necklass because i wear my hair up ....
and i can't afford a pink topaz clasp like Camilia the Dutchess of Cornwall has !:doh:
So im thinking of having a slightly jazzed up extender with Daisy as the last 'pearl' and a Pandora silver dangle ($45 + $15 freight) on the end of the extender

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-180424.png
    Screenshot_20210512-180424.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now ....pearl princess
how do i incorporate a braclete charm onto a knotted pearl necklase ?

Im thinking about those silicon rubbery things you can use instead of knots ?
Or as they are not the best pearls in the world do i just suck it up that the pearl and the charm will rub
its a huge hole in those braclete charms ....

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm not familiar with the construction of the Pandora pieces but I do know that many such charms have quite a large hole so they might not sit the way you would like. Before launching into a knotting project just string things on some thread and see what they look like. The little bumper beads are very tiny.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now ....pearl princess
how do i incorporate a braclete charm onto a knotted pearl necklase ?

Im thinking about those silicon rubbery things you can use instead of knots ?
Or as they are not the best pearls in the world do i just suck it up that the pearl and the charm will rub
its a huge hole in those braclete charms ....

How about wire-wrapping using hair pins, with an additional small bead between the end of the hair pin and the charm?

An additional small bead may be required on the other side of the charm to balance the look.

Alternatively, you would make your own hair pin with a large enough loop or coil at one end to stop the charm from falling off.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @katbran and @dk168
They do have a rather large hole
what exactly is a hair pin ?
This is going to take some thinking and tinkering and playing around but im confident i will find a way to make it work

i think i need to look into wire wrapping
Does that mean the pearls will be on a wire?
I was thinking the charms might be too heavy for the usual pearl thread ???

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds a hair pin is a wire with a small bead or a small flat plate at one end, a smaller version of an actual hair pin to secure hats to the hair.

You should be able to find them easily at vendors that sell findings for jewellery making.

I am suggestion you make little pendants with the charms, and add them to the necklace in between the pearls. They can only be removed from the necklace by cutting the wires though.

The pearls will not be on a wire, the charms will be, and the wire of each charm will wrap around the string in between the pearls, if you know what I mean.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds a hair pin is a wire with a small bead or a small flat plate at one end, a smaller version of an actual hair pin to secure hats to the hair.

You should be able to find them easily at vendors that sell findings for jewellery making.

I am suggestion you make little pendants with the charms, and add them to the necklace in between the pearls. They can only be removed from the necklace by cutting the wires though.

The pearls will not be on a wire, the charms will be, and the wire of each charm will wrap around the string in between the pearls, if you know what I mean.

Hmmmmm
Sounds very doable DK
Thank you
Would the charms then dangle ?

See the necklase is a bit tight so im counting on the extra length with the charms becoming extra 'pearls'

I think i need to take the necklase apart and play around ???
or maybe i could play around with just some ordinary thread first and have a fiddle with the charms

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you want the charms to dangle? Or be in a continuous line with the pearls? How large are the holes on the daisy and what is the side/back of the bead like?

i would probably wire wrap it and string the pearls in segments between each bead with French wire at the end of every segment to protect the thread you string the pearls on.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want the charms to dangle? Or be in a continuous line with the pearls? How large are the holes on the daisy and what is the side/back of the bead like?

i would probably wire wrap it and string the pearls in segments between each bead with French wire at the end of every segment to protect the thread you string the pearls on.

I don't think i want then to dangle
i want them to be as the pearls

This sounds a good idea and strong !

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Depending on your daisy beads, you may even be able to just hook a jump ring to the sides of each bead and join it to the loops with French wire at the end of each pearl segment? Just thought of that. It would be easier than wire wrapping

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on your daisy beads, you may even be able to just hook a jump ring to the sides of each bead and join it to the loops with French wire at the end of each pearl segment? Just thought of that. It would be easier than wire wrapping

This sounds lots eaiser
thank you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well im still plodding away at this idea :lol:
Im determined to some how make it work

Shipping from pandora is only $15 but i needed a little silver spacer ring so i just ordered the little silver dangle daisy charm and also a pink daisy dangle to see what their coloured daisies look like

I know that will transfer me into the fabulous fashion jewlery forum :doh:

but until i firmly deside what im doing im just going to play around with it here as it is primarily first and formost still a FW pearl necklase

I have also ordered the white enamel daisies from the big box store to sub in for the now unavailable Micheal Hill charms i originally bought
They are having a buy 2 get 1 free promo on their charms for another month so ive ordered 3 (even though i ideally want 4)

If everything looks nice together and it stays just a white necklas which is what id prefer im thinking of making an extra pearl station necklase with the coloured pandora charms, if i do indeed like the Pandora daisies- that would also give Ms Daisy Duck a more appropriate home ...
...Of course that one would be in the faux forum :wink2:

Ive not exactly been wracking my brain but ive been quietly mulling stuff over:roll:
....those eye pins that you bend over at the other end ???
I really want the daisies to take the place of the pearls, not to be dangles

Oh now im thinking aloud so i might just be talking out of a hole in my head:lol:
What if i got some silver beads the size of the hole and jammed them inside the charm? them knotted after the charm ....

Hmmmmm

Anyway so my next step is seeing if the el-cheapo $20 daisies look ok with the Micheal Hill ones

Baby daisy steps ! :lol:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to seeing this come together, Daisys! I'm on a similarly slow and steep learning curve to learning how to make these pieces myself...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to seeing this come together, Daisys! I'm on a similarly slow and steep learning curve to learning how to make these pieces myself...

we'll get there
like the tortoise from the hare and the tortoise!
perhaps ww can spur each other on

got woken up early with a courier banging on the door
- you would have thought the street was being evacuated

anyway i was sure my little cheapo big- box daisies were in this package
but it was the dehumidifier and the citrus fertilizer (delivery was a $1 one off special for using the app so I made good use of it)

anyway no little daisies
sigh
i guess they dispatch jewlery items from a different location

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the daisies are here
they are quite nice for $25
a nice weight
all though id prefer an unsparkly centre
they have an even bigger hole than the Micheal Hill Emma and Roe (discounted :(2 :angryfire:) store brand

but they are very white not cream
they look like a lawn daisy

maybe i make the whole necklase out of them now ?
i want 7 daisies

i guess im making 2 necklases ...

will reassess when the pandora order gets here

then i bite the bullet and take my strand apart - gulp ! 20210610_114752.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
excuse my rambling i just need somewhere to put down my thoughts

ive been thinking while ive been outside hanging out the washing ....

i think i need bigger and whiter pearls

its kind of a toss up
i mean they are $25 charms so i don't need AAA grade
but i do plan to wear it often so i have to like it
i think colour and size of the pearls in this instance are important to me over luster and roundness

so definatly a work in progress ....
this might take all year :)
but that's ok

i will repurpose the pearl necklass i bought specifically for this project into a longer station daisy necklase with pandora daisies (if i like them) using the Micheal Hill Emma and Roe daises and Ms Daisy Duck
i was always going to have to get it restrung anyway

and i did say the other day i wanted a pearl station braclete ....

i can reuse the Micheal Hill clasp (i quite like its ease of use) and buy some by the inch pearls from PP

i want both pieces to look nice, not a novelty necklase - or i just know i won't wear them

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Daisy, this sounds like a fun project and will be watching (forum lurking more like, lol) from Auckland ☺️

Putting it out there too - would you be interested in using champagne/pale gold pearls? I have a strand of freshwater, origin Borneo island in Malaysia. Not sure if they are dyed but have a look at the pic (taken in indoor LED lighting so not the best I’m afraid). 110537A5-171A-4C9C-9558-7FC05B44D758.jpeg

If they are of interest let me know as I can courier to you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy, this sounds like a fun project and will be watching (forum lurking more like, lol) from Auckland ☺️

Putting it out there too - would you be interested in using champagne/pale gold pearls? I have a strand of freshwater, origin Borneo island in Malaysia. Not sure if they are dyed but have a look at the pic (taken in indoor LED lighting so not the best I’m afraid). 110537A5-171A-4C9C-9558-7FC05B44D758.jpeg

If they are of interest let me know as I can courier to you!

wow
i hadn't thought about a different colour pearl
its night time (as you can see)
I'll take a look at the MH daises in the day light tomorrow as they will be fun day time pearls
the golden colour might play up the yellow center of the warehouse daises nicely too ?

those are gorgouse
how much do you want for them?

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
wow
i hadn't thought about a different colour pearl
its night time (as you can see)
I'll take a look at the MH daises in the day light tomorrow as they will be fun day time pearls
the golden colour might play up the yellow center of the warehouse daises nicely too ?

those are gorgouse
how much do you want for them?

Just get me the courier cost if you want to, no worries. I would love for someone else to have these and have fun with them ☺️ Let’s figure out some way to share our contact details . Do you have a Loupe Troop account?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the gold pearls are Freshwater then they are dyed. Not that it matters for fun jewelery.. just a 'heads up' .

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just get me the courier cost if you want to, no worries. I would love for someone else to have these and have fun with them ☺️ Let’s figure out some way to share our contact details . Do you have a Loupe Troop account?

Im sorry @Wanaka i missed this
yes i am Daisy on louptrope
Ill see if i can make a post to get your attention over there

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results