shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Bracelet

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone!
I am considering getting an Akoya pearl bracelet from Tiffany to match the pendant and earrings I purchased last summer.
However, while I love the idea, I just don’t know if it is a practical/wise one.
I am treating my new pieces with extraordinary care.
All my pearls in the past were not cared for nor stored properly, sad to say.
A bracelet will incur bumps against things in daily life, as well as be subject to getting splashed when washing hands, etc., even if not worn as an everyday piece.
I’m just thinking if I want to maintain new pearl purchases in the future with the pristine care I am now taking, I should stick to earrings, pendants, and strands.
With that said, I would definitely have it sized to my wrist (I have small wrists and always require shortening of bracelets) so it wouldn’t be hitting things as much (Tiffany will shorten).
I have considered that I could buy something less expensive that I wouldn’t have to obsess over yet I would still want to get Akoyas so based on my resolution of no more disregard for proper pearl care that is something to ponder.
I’m also someone that likes things to match, not just the appearance but knowing in my mind all pieces are of the Tiffany Essential Pearls collection so I have that head trip, knowing myself.
What are your thoughts?… Have I answered my own question and will have to get over the idea of the bracelet?
Thanks in advance for your input!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts… Get what you want, wear what you love. Pearls won’t disintegrate if you sneeze on them - they can take more abuse than the myriad pearl care blogs might suggest. And if a pearl piece needs to be replaced one day because it’s been worn out despite reasonable care - that means it was so well-loved and so often-enjoyed that it got worn out!! That’s a good thing in my book ❤️

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts… Get what you want, wear what you love. Pearls won’t disintegrate if you sneeze on them - they can take more abuse than the myriad pearl care blogs might suggest. And if a pearl piece needs to be replaced one day because it’s been worn out despite reasonable care - that means it was so well-loved and so often-enjoyed that it got worn out!! That’s a good thing in my book ❤️

I agree yssie! Buy it, wear it, love it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't worry about them getting splashed when you wash your hands, pearls come from the sea (or fresh water lake/farm)
Yes the silk might stretch but with daily wear you will need to get them restrung anyway every couple of years at least just like the necklace

Life is too short
just wear and enjoy

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you are one of those people whose skin is death to silk (weird but true) or you want to wear your pearls and swim or do your laundry by hand (why?) then have your pearls strung with a synthetic silk.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are one of those people whose skin is death to silk (weird but true) or you want to wear your pearls and swim or do your laundry by hand (why?) then have your pearls strung with a synthetic silk.

This made me laugh !
My mother (who never wore pearls to do house work in) hand washed so much laundry i think it used to insult the washing machine

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone who said don't be afraid to wear what you love! Life is too short = )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results