carat
color
clarity

Pearl bracelet stretching?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I have a beautiful freshwater pearl bracelet from CC which I adore. :love: I wear it almost daily but now I'm getting a little worried as I think the silk/thread must be stretching!? I swear it's getting loose (I have NOT lost a lot of weight... :doh: ) and one of the little knots near the clasp has come undone too.

Does the thread stretch? Am I just imagining this? LOL Happy to resend it for re-stringing but maybe I should ask for a specific thread - what would you recommend?

Thanks very much.
HP :wavey:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Hi, yes threads definitely do stretch after a while. Restringing is so easy if you are willing and have the time to do it especially for a short bracelet.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dos she even use silk? For some reason I was under the impression that she uses Power Pro, which doesn't stretch.

If a knot near the clasp is undone you may be at risk of losing it. I would restring.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Silk will start to perish and stretch but there are plenty of different synthetics which should not stretch. The best way to tell if something needs re-stringing is to look at it and see if there is any play...do the pearls move back and forth between the knots? If they do then it may well be time for a re-string.
There are, I reckon, as many different stringing methods as there are stringers in the world. Everyone does it at least slightly differently once they have learned a basic method.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results