shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I have been wanting a versatile pearl necklace for awhile now, and want to buy a 16" single strand of peachy pink pearls. I have one question: What size should I look for? If it helps, I''m 5''5" with a relatively small frame/neck, but I don''t want the pearls to be too dainty looking.

I couldn''t seem to find it by searching but if there is a thread on here that somebody could point out to me with a pearl necklace size comparison, I''d really appreciate it! I found the one with the pearl stud size comparison.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried on any at the retail shops? I have a 5-6mm strands 15 inch and I''m fairly petite, I love this size on me, however to some it may look a bit dainty, but I love the feel of it and look on me. so I would think about 6-7mm might work better so its not so dainty for you? I would try them on at the store first to give you a better idea would be my suggestion.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks D&T, I am running errands on Saturday so I will be able to stop into a jeweler''s or department store and take a peek. I hoped for pics because I wanted to maybe make a decision sooner, I hate delayed gratification.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ummm, I can show you mine,

the necklace is 5-6mm,, and I also have a pic with my 8-9mm earrings (I think these are way tooo big for my taste but just for some reference maybe?)

0809dtpearls%20002.jpg

08091dtpearls%20006.jpg

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
IMO you can''t go wrong with a 7mm size.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I suggest that you go to any department store to try on some necklaces. It doesn''t have to be genuine pearls, it can be faux pearls. The idea is to find out what size pearls/beads look best on you. After you have a good idea of the size that you want, shop around on the internet to compare prices. There are quite a few popular vendors here, just do a search on this forum. Hope this helps.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
D&T your picture helped a whole lot! I went to a department store last week and tried on one strand of 7-8mm pearls and they were perfect. I knew from your picture that I wanted something between the 5-6mm and the 8-9mm. I ordered a 16" strand of 7-8mm freshwater AAA''s from The Pearl Outlet and a pair of earrings, and even though I thought I wanted peachy pink I ended up getting multicolor for the variety. I got the accelerated shipping and they have arrived and they are BEAUTIFUL. I was surprised at how heavy they are, and I think that I may have a bit of a pearl problem now because I want a strand in every color.
9.gif
My mother was so impressed with the set that she wants me to use them for my wedding jewelry!

Violet Joetta

Rough_Rock
The tight tolerances of pro horns require regular maintenance to maintain playability...so the excess play makes the student horns stand up to abuse a bit more.I remember going to a hobby store & picking up a few packs of the tiny flat washers and filling in the gaps with them until I could have the posts adjusted.

Pearl earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results