shape
carat
color
clarity

pearl advice for an e-bay newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m looking at purchasing two items from pearllunar, as a lot of you have said their stuff is really nice. BUT- I am totally clueless as to do the whole e-bay thing. Now, when they say (3PCs) does that mean you are buying three strands, or no? Also, I''d like to purchase two items and do combined shipping, but don''t know how to specify this. they also do not end at the same time. I also haven''t left any feedback for purchased items, as I have only ever purchased one item and have not yet received it, and on their page it says to contact them before bidding/purchasing if you haven''t ever left feedback. Should I address my concerns in that e-mail to them?

wow that was kind of lengthy, but I would really appreciate the help. I''m trying to get together items for the jewelry items I''m making my bridesmaids- should be fun
31.gif

also, since it just popped into my head, does anyone know where I could find nice clasps for decent prices? b/c I would like to do their necklaces all the same except for the clasps, so their is something unique about each of their necklaces
9.gif
I''m so excited!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
If it says 3pcs, you will get 3 strands. I checked their auctions, and you can combine shipping if the items end within 7 days of each other. When you checkout, there''s a box to send a message or special instructions to the seller, and you can relay your intentions there. Also, I think they mean that if you personally don''t have any feedback, you should contact them. That''s a fairly standard request from sellers, and I wouldn''t let that deter you.

Do you have a particular style of clasp in mind? There are many different styles: filligree fish hook, toggle, lobster, box clasps, etc. Are you looking for sterling or gold? www.pearlparadise.com and www.thepearloutlet.com both have gold clasps, and www.firemountaingems.com has a bunch of clasps in all types of cheaper metals. Those are good places to start just to get ideas. I also found a bunch of clasps on etsy - just run a search in the supplies category.

Hope you show us the pearls you end up with!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much! I will certainly post pictures- both of the strands when they get here and (eventually) the projects when I''m finished. Just a warning though- projects probably won''t even be started for about a month and a half, but it''ll keep me busy over semester break
11.gif

thanks also for the links, I very much appreciate it.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sooooooooooo excited... this is gonna be good
27.gif

thanks for the help guys! I e-mailed them and got a prompt response. They were very nice
1.gif

I have one item in my ''bin'' and now I''m just twiddling my thumbs until the other item ends...

27.gif
When does your auction end? I''m watching several too
27.gif

lol

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
it ends tomorrow and I''m really really really really really hoping I win it. No one else has put a bid in on it yet, so I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way
17.gif

if anything then I''ll just patiently be waiting for the other item that is definitely mine
31.gif
(once paypal goes through that is)

lolI won one today, and also have one ending tomorrow too!
5.gif
4.gif
Good luck.

I really should stop buying... but it''s so fun!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wow
23.gif
you've gotten so many lately! can't wait to see pictures of all of them though when you get them
31.gif

what are you planning on doing with all of them?

ETA: as for clasps, does anyone have any opinions on the pros/cons of the bar and ring toggle clasps? I've seen several I like, but was just curious as to what others had to say... I really should start a new thread, lol

I honestly hate toggles. I love the look of them, but the thought of losing what they are connected to... I just couldn''t do it. I mean, it''s one thing if your bracelet falls off and you find it, but what if it falls off into a place you can''t find it? (sewer grate, tall grass...) I don''t know. I am loving the ones that lock right now. I wonder if there is a way to get a safety chain for a toggle clasp??

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
tee hee... I won!
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:05:34 PM
Author: kas baby
tee hee... I won!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Promise you''ll post pics when they arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results