carat
color
clarity

Pear shaped diamond

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lorelei

Good to see you back here. I would wave but my little wavey symbols are not showing either.

Awesome, here that word more around here now. Another one is cool.

I'm so out of it with the lingo now that the young whippersnappers use. :oops:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the open on the table diagram mean the feather is open, is it not a button on the programme to open the two views of table or crown view?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I find it funny. We have a young lady in our office and one day nearly every sentence had the word cool in it. Now it is something she says everyday. She had just got a new boyfriend and I take it that he or his friends must use it.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was going to write a little scenario for the OP, I know this is not prudent to look for when selecting something you are buying but just a side note. I wonder if you keep a diamond with a feather and it is okay but could have been different if you changed for a flawless say stone and it then chipped due to an impact. I was thinking about this and what came to mind was a royal doulton ornament I had, which was holding something and it had come off at the hand, I had bought it second hand and this happened in the post. I wanted to keep it as I couldn't find another one. Anyway I took it to a ceramic restorer and she told me, it would have happened anyway as there was an air bubble where it had happened, it was not caused by damage as such wholly. So we never really know what can happen to a diamond. Another way of looking at it. ha ha. I also found this interesting to think about as at the time, my sister and I were both buying two of these ornaments and one of them was new, I remember us debating over 3 in a shop about which ones had the prettiest painted face and we like the hair of one over the other two, I remember saying to her, you never know which one has the air bubble!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sometimes we can just be TOO TOO pickey. My smileys have come back.
:appl: :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KingKuda

Rough_Rock
Premium
Yeah well I think that's where I ended up. Sure the feather could cause issues, but that doesn't mean if I get a flawless diamond that I won't still be having the same fears about it chipping or damaging.

I realised pretty fast that the only way to avoid any anxiety, is to insure whatever diamond it is that I select.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah well I think that's where I ended up. Sure the feather could cause issues, but that doesn't mean if I get a flawless diamond that I won't still be having the same fears about it chipping or damaging.

I realised pretty fast that the only way to avoid any anxiety, is to insure whatever diamond it is that I select.

Bingo.

In fact in the ancient recesses of my memory, I'm sure I remember an IF diamond get smashed by accident.

KingKuda

Rough_Rock
Premium
My money here goes with Wink and seemed to speak favourably about your stone, I think if he saw anything to worry about online, he would have said, to look further as there are better stones out there or something of this nature.

Where did he say anything? I think you're mixing this thread up with something else!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am in Australia and my friend is looking for a pear and I said I would help. Would you mind sharing your vendor so that we might have a look? He is open to buying internationally but to see in person locally is better. Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results