shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Shaped Diamond Question.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
and another....

dvs pear in sun 003b.jpg

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
and another....

dvs pear in sun 005b.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fluoro shows beautifully!
30.gif

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
...and another

pear dvs1 more sun pics 006b.jpg

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Last one....

dvs pear in sun 007b.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
THat is one cool fluorescence phenomenon. :) I love it!!! Maybe when people ask you "What is this stone?" You could say that it is a lilac diamond :) Very pretty!!!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a very nice one......
30.gif
18.gif

dvs pear in sun 011d.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FB, would you mind if I added this thread to the useful threads section? You have captured the fluorescence so well and it would be great to use these pictures as an example to show new members.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock

I would like to add that all the above pictures were taken without any UV lamps or fancy gadgets being pointed at the diamond - they are real pictures of a very strongly fluorescent D/VS diamond in natural light.
All the fluorescence that you're seeing is from slightly hazy, midday, British sunlight. The weather websites state that the UV index is expected to be "medium" today and I would tend to agree.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei

Please make use of the pictures. Perhaps you might just want to "steal" the pictures onto a new thread, to avoid them being cluttered with chatter about diamond proportions and so on.
Pictures of fluorescent diamonds on the internet do not do justice to how they can appear in real life. That's why I've gone crazy with the pictures - giving something back to Pricescope in return for all the useful info that Pricescope has given me.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 7:46:58 AM
Author: FB.
Lorelei

Please make use of the pictures. Perhaps you might just want to ''steal'' the pictures onto a new thread, to avoid them being cluttered with chatter about diamond proportions and so on.
Pictures of fluorescent diamonds on the internet do not do justice to how they can appear in real life. That''s why I''ve gone crazy with the pictures - giving something back to Pricescope in return for all the useful info that Pricescope has given me.
1.gif
Ok I will do so, thanks!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a picture that shows slight fluorescence from the diamond even when indoors, several feet away from windows/doors and out of direct sun.
The only light source is an open door allowing natural daylight to enter the room. The sun was not shining at the time the picture was taken - full cloud cover.
The diamond is about six feet away from the doorway.

pear dvs shade3 001c.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:41:55 AM
Author: FB.
Here''s a picture that shows slight fluorescence from the diamond even when indoors, several feet away from windows/doors and out of direct sun.
The only light source is an open door allowing natural daylight to enter the room. The sun was not shining at the time the picture was taken - full cloud cover.
The diamond is about six feet away from the doorway.
Thats very pretty, like a powder blue in that shot.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is one flourescent diamond! Very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results