shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear setting with side stones??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mitch44

Rough_Rock
I recently obtained my mother engagement ring that is a 1/2 carat pear diamond. I am going to have it reset in a platinum setting with side stones. I was wondering what would be the best side stones to put with a diamond of that size and shape and about how much something like that cost?
Thanks

Micah

geo10000

Rough_Rock
Hello Micah, I have seen some beautiful round colored stones added (1 on each side) to add some dimension to the ring. Most popular being ruby or sapphire. Also, diamond baguettes would be nice possibly 2 or 3 tapered on each upper shank. Hope this helps.

George

af1charley

Rough_Rock
I would keep the side stones total weight below 50% of the center stone. A platinum band should cost at least $700 unless it is extremly thin. In my opinion, I would not put round side stones next to a center "fancy shaped" stone unless they are small and taper down in size. I think .12 carat pears on each side would look nice and so would baguettes.

C. :loopy:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results