Pear or Round Side Stones?

• Pear Sides

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Round Sides

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone - I'm currently trying to decide on a replacement setting for my 1.12ct G SI1 round brilliant diamond. I have pretty much narrowed it down to two three-stone setting options, in the style of the Tiffany three-stone rings, with either pear (option 1) or round (option 2) side stones. In either case, the setting will be in platinum with single claw prongs, and the side stones will be .25 ct each. So I'm hoping people can help me make this decision. Please vote on your preference and if possible tell me why you have preferences or if you need to know more to decide.

Thank you so much - I had no idea this decision could be nearly so difficult!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there ... I voted pear because I think it''s a little more unique and personally - I always think of three rounds as an "anniversary" look - even though it''s really not anymore. Generally I don''t like three of the same shape stones ... though Widget''s three asscher is super yum.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I voted ROUND because I love the sparkliness of an idea cut round stone! If you change your mind, they would make beautiful earrings!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for the pear sides to highlight the center stone better and because of the sleek look.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I had this dilema once. I chose the pears for my ring and I love them. It''s just a matter of personal choice.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions those who have voted and left notes. I'd love to hear more thoughts - there must be someone else who has an opinion!!

FYI if it helps, the rounds would be ACAs, which I am a bit swayed by - its true that there's nothing quite like the sparkle of a round. And Deco - I actually think of many three stones as anniversary rings, but due to budget considerations (I'm still in grad school, we're only 2.5 years out of college), we're doing the three-stone now, and I'll get a big honkin' solitaire down the road (probably when DH gets his Porsche LOL
3.gif
)

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I voted pears! I do admit that it's going to be easier to find rounds though. Finding a good pair of pears can be challenging, but it's worth it! I think you see fewer of them...so it's more unique. Either way the new ring will be beautiful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for pears of course!!!
31.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so far huge majority in favor of pears.

I think this is especially interesting because both my husband and the vendor who will be making the ring think that rounds would look better. Wow I''m torn...please keep voting and contributing your thoughts, and thank you so much to everyone who already has!

p.s. Kaleigh - I LOVE your ring - so classic and beautiful, its part of what inspired my pear with rounds/three stone ring idea in the first place.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Also, I think its important to say that this ring will be worn with my half-eternity shared-prong wedding band, pictured below (the wedding band is why DH preferred the rounds; he thought it gave an overall more unified look to the set):

47b5d706b3127cce9406c89f87a700000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, a topic near and dear to my heart.
emteeth.gif

I voted for pear sides. I have the same perception as Deco -- although beautiful, 3 round stones screams "anniversary ring" to me.

With your diamond band, your set would look very Angie Harmon with pear sides on your e-ring! I love that look!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here''s a differing opinion for you, Amber!
1.gif

I dearly LOVE Kaleigh''s ring!!
30.gif
It is one of my favorites on PS and it would be on my personal top 5 list if I won the lottery! BUT, I saw smaller center stones with pear sides at Tiffany and did not like them nearly as much as those with a larger center stone.

So, with a stone your size, which is lovely, I''d definitely choose the round sides. I love ACA''s and know that you can''t go wrong with that. We know it will look wonderful with the diamond wedding band. And two rounds are easier to get a perfect match. My last plus, I think the three stone with rounds will be very pretty as a RHR after you get your big honkin'' solitaire in a few years!
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Rounds - they have more sparkle! Pears are pretty too though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve decided. Thank you to everyone who voted.

I''m actually going to buck the majority opinion here and go for rounds for a couple of reasons:

1. I just can''t resist the sparkle factor. I''ve yet to see ACAs in person but I''ve heard so much good stuff about them that I just can''t wait to see how gorgeous they will be in this ring.

2. I talked to my mom and she''s getting ready to pull the trigger on a re-set of a family stone (an AMAZING OEC, approx. 2.5 ct, J VS2) and she has had such trouble making a decision on the setting but has finally settled on a three-stone with sapphire pear sides. Since I''ll get that ring someday (and have borrowing privileges in the meantime), I just didn''t want to match too closely.

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts. Please don''t think that I am discounting your opinions - they actually helped me enormously in clarifying my own.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I got in my WF ACA on Friday... I have never seen anything so sparkly. They are amazing- just you wait!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i was just going to post and make a case for the rounds! i guess i don''t need to now, so i will congratulate you on your decision! you are going to love it!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...thanks so much Jake and Belle!! You guys totally helped me be even more excited about my decision
9.gif

I can''t wait to see what the ring looks like - I promise I will go nuts with the camera when it gets here.

Thank you so much again everyone for your input.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 7:40:38 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Aww...thanks so much Jake and Belle!! You guys totally helped me be even more excited about my decision
9.gif

I can''t wait to see what the ring looks like - I promise I will go nuts with the camera when it gets here.

Thank you so much again everyone for your input.
I voted for rounds hehehe - but yanno, there was a setting recently where the person had two rounds kind of cupping the diamond and it was so pretty - but anyway, I think they''ll look so pretty :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I know it''s going to be spectacular!! Can''t wait for the pics!!!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I am so happy you decided to go with the ACA rounds. They are comparable to the Hearts of Fire or Lazare Kaplan superideal cut stones. They have the same WOW power for half the price!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh, Jelly & Cehra - I am starting to get excited already, I have to keep reminding myself that its going to be a while (WF said 3 weeks). But you can be sure that me and my new camera (Canon SD550 - we got it for the honeymoon in October and its a fantastic little camera) will be going crazy with the pics when it gets here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results