shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear onyx ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is sort of a cheapie little ring, but I ADORE it. It''s an onyx center (4 carats, I believe) with white sapphires surrounding it. I like to show it off, so here it is! I can''t believe I haven''t posted it before, I''ve had it a year.

While I''m here, a question for you savvy ladies - do you think the undergallery (the decorative curls) could be "cut out" without hurting the integrity of the ring? I''d like to wear a band with this but the gallery prevents it. From what I can see, the curls don''t support anything, they are purely for show.

frontview_monkeypie.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just realized I should have put it in colored stones. Oops!

gallery_monkeypie.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

underside_monkeypie.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the combination of black and white and this ring makes a great statement piece!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a really cute ring! I would totally rock it with black and white outfits!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Fun ring! I''d probably keep the decorative gallery--and just have a gap.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:11:03 PM
Author: monarch64
It''s a really cute ring! I would totally rock it with black and white outfits!

That''s exactly what I''m doing today
9.gif
A black sweater dress and cream tights. I feel like I''m in my pjs, but my bling says I''m not lol!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
ohhh, monkeypie, that ring is AWESOME!!!! I love it!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is pretty.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got a black diamond ring that looks exactly the same - it even has a pierced gallery. I''ve found that I can slide two thin bands underneath and have the pear sitting on top. I took some photos just recently (unfortunately not a profile shot though) but this should give you an idea. The bands do need to be delicate though.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-keep-these.108539/

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very nice - love the black and white!
36.gif
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hi MP!
Mmmm, I wonder if the structure of the ring would be fine, but know your fit would be poor if you cut out much of the undergally. You need that surface area to touch your finger in order to complete the circle that is the ring. If it was a smaller rock, then not so much of an issue. But you would loose the good fit and possibly make the structure weaker. Probably you could just cut out one side without impacting much? Or if you just mean cutting the swirls, but not the structure bar that sits on your finger? Hmmm, well I would do a bad job of it and then ruin clothes, but I think the structure bar -which looks delicate- might bend and then your fit would be wonky. You don''t want to get your finger pinched! I''d just leave it as is; just lovely!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love onyx.
I have an onyx ring in YG with diamonds and I adore it.
Yours is very cute too

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty...I bet it looks gorgeous with your outfit
36.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I want to mount my pink sapphire just like that!
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 4:42:36 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I''ve got a black diamond ring that looks exactly the same - it even has a pierced gallery. I''ve found that I can slide two thin bands underneath and have the pear sitting on top. I took some photos just recently (unfortunately not a profile shot though) but this should give you an idea. The bands do need to be delicate though.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-keep-these.108539/

This is actually a good idea, and it could work since the ring is a little big on me. Thanks! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo!!!!!!!!!!!Where did you get it? I think it''s awesome!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is a really cool ring Monkeypie!!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It''s bold, extravagant but classy at the same time! Exactly the kind of jewelry I''d wear!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the ring, beautiful!! I would keep it as is, very nice!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring!! I love the combination of onyx and white saphires!! I would keep the gallery, it`s perfect the way it is. Have you considered a curved band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results