shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Halo Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I am new to the message boards so I hope I''m not breaking any rules by asking this..

I have a .55 ct pear-shaped diamond in a pave setting right now. I am looking to change the setting to a halo setting.. possibly something like the rings from this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-halo-design-engagement-ring.58416/

...either this or a split shank.

What do you guys think? Is a .55 too small to do something like this with? I can''t pay a fortune.. do you guys have any suggestions on the best place to find what I''m looking for?

Any and all suggestions and comments are appreciated. Thanks
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2009 3:44:03 AM
Author:ArtistJess
Hello, I am new to the message boards so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this..

I have a .55 ct pear-shaped diamond in a pave setting right now. I am looking to change the setting to a halo setting.. possibly something like the rings from this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-halo-design-engagement-ring.58416/

...either this or a split shank.

What do you guys think? Is a .55 too small to do something like this with? I can't pay a fortune.. do you guys have any suggestions on the best place to find what I'm looking for?

Any and all suggestions and comments are appreciated. Thanks
1.gif
just making your link clickable,

ETA: I think it would look gorgeous and give your pear even more oomph. would you want to go custom? and what would be your budget?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Lord of Gem Rings on ebay as many cheapy halo settings that many people here own. your local jeweler can take transfer the stone. that would be very budget friendly.

welcome!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Sarah.. I am sometimes wary of using ebay but I think this guy has some really beautiful rings and settings that are budget friendly. I''m thinking of going with something like this:

Pear Halo Setting

My next question is this.. do you guys think that a .55 size diamond would be too small to put in a setting like this? I''m not sure if I have to buy a smaller setting for a smaller diamond. Thanks again for all the help!
10.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a beautiful setting by LOGR, however, you want to make sure you know your pear specs. See if it will fit accordingly otherwise you can get a custom head made to fit your stone by LOGR usually not that much more (sometimes only $30 ish - but it also depends if they have to modify the entire setting or not), I would also upgrade the diamonds especially if this is for an e -ring, Many of the colored stone folks have bought from LOGR including myself. Its a great alternative on a very tight budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results