carat
color
clarity

Pear Engagement ring

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello all!
I’ve been searching for an engagement ring for a few months and came across this ring: GIA 1.49ct F VS1 pear shaped Center stone with G SI1 stones in the halo and band. I’ve been reading about fancy shapes and the bow tie effect and would like to get y’all opinion on the bow tie in this pear. It’s most notable straight on than from an angle. The pictures were B9C8BF10-B56A-49A9-BC38-5F37909866D3.jpeg 593BA978-CBC5-4330-B4F2-793ED943038A.jpeg taken on an iPhone about 8 inches away. 30E34BAF-48FB-4B49-8B5D-F89460DABF7F.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would help to see the stone in motion so we could see the "on/off" pattern of the facets. But from the still pic I'm afraid the stone wont have enough "life"

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
It would help to see the stone in motion so we could see the "on/off" pattern of the facets. But from the still pic I'm afraid the stone wont have enough "life"

I’ll upload the vid I have

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here’s a video of the ring

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know much about pear cut diamonds but some PSers own really stunning pear cut rings. One such ring is owned by @HollyC.
Hoping she sees this and chimes in.

:wavey: What a lovely thing to say @maita13

OP I would listen to what @lovedogs says about the performance of the pear.
FWIW I looked for months for my pear and I ultimately worked with a dealer who sourced my pear for
me.

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like the setting, but don't really care for the center stone. It doesnt have much "movement" or "life" from the video

Shucks lol! Thank you @lovedogs. I really loved this ring when I first saw it. When I went in to see it again, the bow tie through me off. Now that you mention it not having much movement or life, I see what you mean.

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
:wavey: What a lovely thing to say @maita13

OP I would listen to what @lovedogs says about the performance of the pear.
FWIW I looked for months for my pear and I ultimately worked with a dealer who sourced my pear for
me.

Thanks for your input. I’m going to ask the dealer to look for some more loose pears to compare from.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shucks lol! Thank you @lovedogs. I really loved this ring when I first saw it. When I went in to see it again, the bow tie through me off. Now that you mention it not having much movement or life, I see what you mean.

Sorry :( Yes, I would ask the dealer to bring in some loose pears for you to see. Are you open to some online options, or are you 100% committed to working with the jeweler that showed this to you? We can help you find some pear options.

kboakye87

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry :( Yes, I would ask the dealer to bring in some loose pears for you to see. Are you open to some online options, or are you 100% committed to working with the jeweler that showed this to you? We can help you find some pear options.

I am definitely open to online options. I've searched through JA and BN but its difficult zeroing down on something that I believe is a great pick. I end up with 8-10 options on my wishlist lol. I would love the help.

My budget is $8k for the the diamond. Looking for an elongated pear no less then 10mm x 6mm.This usually falls between 1.3 and 1.6 ct. VS1-SI1 or even a clean SI2. F-H color. The diamond will be going in a white pave band with a halo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am definitely open to online options. I've searched through JA and BN but its difficult zeroing down on something that I believe is a great pick. I end up with 8-10 options on my wishlist lol. I would love the help.

My budget is $8k for the the diamond. Looking for an elongated pear no less then 10mm x 6mm.This usually falls between 1.3 and 1.6 ct. VS1-SI1 or even a clean SI2. F-H color. The diamond will be going in a white pave band with a halo.

Ok perfect, we can definitely try to help with that! There aren't always great options for pears, but happy to try! I know there are others who are experts at finding good fancy cuts, but not exactly sure who to tag in this case. You might want to start a new thread about wanting help finding a stone (rather than about this one). It willl likely get more traffic/replies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results