shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Dilemma Solved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

A while back I asked you all for your opinions about what I should do with a pear shaped diamond I inherited from my Mom. I appreciated all your feedback and wanted to show you what I ultimately decided to do with it. A local jeweler made this setting for the pear. I''m really happy with it! The specs on the centerstone are 2.08 carats, VS1, F color.

pricescopepic1.jpg

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another view:

pricescopepic2.jpg

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the HUGE pictures. I''m still learning how to post them.

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
your ring is sooo lovely... the setting is just perfect for the pear shape! i especially love the split shank. :)

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
That looks just perfect. I hope I''ll have a pear that nice someday....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a very beautiful setting for a lovely pear! Great choice!!

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Pears are my absolute favourite cut! Such a beautiful setting.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i LOVE it!!!!
18.gif
i''m so glad you went with a ring, it is just beautiful!!!!
36.gif
i expecially love the accent diamonds at the ''base'' of the split shank, what a nice touch! enjoy!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a gorgeous setting, perfect for a pear!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love the setting and how the split shank end in a diamond shape. Great job by your jeweler!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your pear looks right at home! Wow--great remake, I love it!

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Betty, it''s just beatiful!! I love, love it.
30.gif

You did really good!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful!!! I love the split shank and the square detail where the shank singles out again. Was this a completely custom job, or was it modeled after an existing setting at your jeweler''s?

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your nice comments. I''m so excited to be wearing the pear again.

The setting was modeled after something I saw in the jewelry store. This particular jeweler does a lot of his own designs. His store often has fancy shaped diamonds in the window in really nice settings. I went in one day just to look, and ended up asking him to make this for me. He modified it just a bit from the one I saw and I''m really happy with it.

FireGoddess, your beautiful pear was my inspiration for putting this stone back in a ring. I love looking at your pear. The first time I saw it, I knew deep down that my pear was going to be on my finger again!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, its beautiful!!! I love the detail in the setting, especially where the split shank comes together with the square, what a great touch.
Your jeweler did a wonderful job and you made a great choice!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 12:31:04 PM
Author: bettymac

FireGoddess, your beautiful pear was my inspiration for putting this stone back in a ring. I love looking at your pear. The first time I saw it, I knew deep down that my pear was going to be on my finger again!
Thanks so much! I''m glad you like my ring and that it prompted you to get this beautiful stone on your finger again. I''m seriously oogling your setting - I really love the little details and am happy you didn''t have to go through what I went through to get my setting! I''m envious of your jeweler!!!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Looks stunning!! What a beautiful setting and the center stone is gorgeous!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it is stunning! What a gorgeous ring, enjoy!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Your setting is absolutely beautiful! Your jeweler wouldn''t happen to be near Los Angeles, would he?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is AWESOME! Great job by you and your jeweler!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I never thought I would be a pear person. What a wonderful way to show off your inherited stone...your pear and reset are just
30.gif
10.gif
D R E A M Y
10.gif
30.gif
!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
So lovely.
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow-it''s stunning! The setting is gorgeous and your pear is to die for! What a beautiful ring! Can you post more photos? That gorgeous ring needs a lot more pictures!

P.S. What''s your ring size? And do you happen to know the dimensions of your pear?

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
I love sharing on this forum because everyone is so NICE! Thanks again for your positive comments. It''s a scary thing, having a ring made and not knowing exactly how it will turn out. I''ve never worked with this particular jeweler before and wasn''t sure if I would be happy with the results. Luckily everything turned out fine and I''m very happy with the setting.

I will try to post a few more pictures tonight. I''m pretty terrible at that, but hopefully I''ve learned from my mistakes and can make the photos smaller than movie screen size.
34.gif
BTW, the jeweler is in San Diego, not too far from L.A.! I will try to find the dimensions of the pear. I have the GIA certificate here somewhere.....

FireGoddess, I''ll have to look at your old posts to see what happened when you had your setting done. I don''t know what kind of trouble you ran into, but the final result is gorgeous!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
that ring is gorgeous! I love pear in a halo and split shank....so so beautiful!

You do need to post more pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I love the pear, and he did a wonderful job on the setting!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Bettymac,
THAT IS ONE PEACHY PEAR!THANKS FOR SHARING!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Betty- WOW-beautiful stone and design!
30.gif
Your jeweler does great work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results