shape
carat
color
clarity

pear depth of 54.7% can be good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Among several pear shapes in front of me, the one appealed to me was the one with 54.7% depth (table 64%). It looked beautiful. But I was shocked with numbers (they should be revesred...). Can a pear shape with these numbers be beautiful sometime?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I recently helped my friend find a pear stone, and the one that scored the worst on the AGA cut charts was the winner in terms of performance. Her stone has a depth of 65.9% and a table of 53.6%. What makes the depth so great with her stone is the crown is 17.8%--talk about fire! In other words, you really can't just go by the numbers with fancies.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This is a case of trusting your own instincts over theory.

If you think it is beautiful, there are probably thousands of people who would agree with you. Don't be hemmed in by theory and numbers. Trust your judgement of beauty. Then you become a leader, rather than a follower. You establish a market, rather than follow behind one.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Naomi,
I've had some really nice pear shapes in the depth range of low 50's.
It gives you a very large looking diamond, and sometimes stones with this relatively shallow depth seem to have no bow tie.

As always, I reccomend having whoever sells you the diamond to set it.

Trust your eyes- Use the Force Luke!

Best of Luck!

naomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone, for your encouragement. I will look again the stone with more confidence.

The pear shape stone I saw appeared whiter/brighter (among all same color) and busier reflection/cut/pattern? of pavilion (I am not sure how to describe) and little bow-tie. What I liked best was outline/shape.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results