shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Center Stone

MDFK_200

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've spent the last 2 months shopping/researching round engagement rings for my girlfriend. I recently asked her to go shopping with me to get her input and it turns out she wants a pear shape. I know nothing about pears and a friend recommended this forum to me. I started searching online and wanted to get some advice on what to look for in a pear shape.

I found one that seems nice to me. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Also, are there any concerns buying a center stone off the internet? I would think seeing it in person would be a necessity, but sounds like a lot of people are comfortable buying online.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/0.90-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1052909

Thanks in advance.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a pear expert, but there looks to be a lot of mush at the tip and at the bottom - the center does has crisp facets which is what you want to see more of.

I suggest you post your budget and desired specs (any specific reason for such high color and clarity?) and the experts could make some suggestions!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm also not an expert, but I LOVE pears!!! One thing to consider is that the pear shape can have a lot of variation (chubby pears, skinny pears, or funky pears with flat-edginess going on), so it's important to see photos of the actual pear you're getting if you can't see it in person. I personally adore chubby pears over skinny ones. Definitely worth asking your partner for further input if you haven't already! Good luck!!

P.S. Forgot to say that to my noobie eye, I love the shape of the pear you picked!

E B

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice choices EB!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MDFK_20,
Since you are on the hunt for a fancy shape, I would recommend you become familiar with how to look at, read and interpret both an Ideal-Scope and ASET image, this will tell you a great deal about what to look for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results