shape
carat
color
clarity

Peanut Butter & _______ Sandwich

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Peanut butter + banana + nutella. Yum yum!!!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Peanut butter and potato chip sandwich.

Yeah, the salty sweet combo is heaven after a rough day. Salty, sweet, crunchy bites of goodness. :lickout:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love potato chips in my sandwich but I've never thought of mixing them with peanut butter.

Also, I can only eat peanut butter in small doses because it gives me cold sores. Does anyone else have this problem? If I don't take two l-lysine pills when I eat peanut butter I get cold sores. It's horrible. Am I the only one?

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby said:
Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. My mother packed this all the time.

I used to eat that all the time and would add nutella for an extra treat :lickout: must. have. one. NOW

I prefer the creamy pb and as I said in another thread I like to eat my pb and pickle sandwiches!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
(Crunchy) peanut butter and PICKLES. Really! It's my favorite sandwich. I prefer bread & butter pickles, and hamburger dills come in second. Yumm...

It sounds gross, but let me tell you- it's the perfect combination of salty, sour and sweet. Buuuut... I am a self-proclaimed vinegar junky. :lickout:

ETA: Chloe beat me to it! But lest you all think I'm a crazy-lady, I can now say there's another PSer who eats PB & Pickles together. Yummmmmmmmm!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember said:
I LOOOOOVE peanut butter. In fact, I'm eating it right now :)

I like to eat the reduced fat skippy peanut butter. Extra Chunky.

I usually eat mine either plain or with raspberry jelly. If not raspberry, then I love strawberry. Yummmmmm.

Banana's with peanut butter is great too. Elvis' fav sandwich :)
Ditto all of that! Extra chunky rocks!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like peanut butter with anything sweet.
I usually have it on buttered bread or toast.
My favorite school lunch sandwich was peanut butter and bacon.
My best friend liked peanut butter and dill pickles.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo I love PB!!!

I grind my own, it is super easy and I will never go back to store bought- even natural:)

All the combos listed thus far are fabulous!

I love to dip French fries in it, I also love marshmellow cream and chocochips on a PB sammie---this is not a good thread for me, it is making me sooooooo hungry!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I love peanut butter with just about any jam/jelly/preserve except grape or strawberry. Lately, I've been eating it with local blueberry preserves and peach preserves. (if the local jam company ever goes out of business, I will be very sad indeed)

I also love peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and fluff, peanut butter and nutella (this one is a favorite treat for my kids, too). I think my favorite, though, is peanut butter and banana on raisin bread. YUM!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Skippy or Jif all natural PB (no hydrogenated oils) with a thin layer of jam (no jelly). Raspberry, blackberry, black raspberry etc. are all yummy!

DH likes grape jelly and I'm not a fan. Jelly is icky. :cheeky:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
stepcutnut said:
Ooooo I love PB!!!

I grind my own, it is super easy and I will never go back to store bought- even natural:)

Oooh - how do you do it? Peanut butter is so hard to find here.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
A popular deli here makes the best/wild PBJ on Challah bread. I like mine with peach or raspberry jam using same bread, grilled.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I do love PB and Raspberry jam.... But how about marshmallow fluff? When I was a kid this used to be a weekend treat for us. So sticky and messy! :lickout:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jelly. Though in Europe you must say Jam - in China too. If you say Jelly they think of Jello, which is a brand name for - Jelly! haha

PB and bananas with honey is good too :)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My DH has been seen eating a toasted peanut butter, jelly, cheddar, and hot dog sandwich! He apparently was inspired by a show on the Food Network... He finished it too :wacko:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
PinkysMom: I usually don't choose to disclose the fact that I eat peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, but I thought this would be an appropriate place.

I too am comforted by the fact that someone else likes the strange combo. ;))

ETA: I like smooth peanut butter. Never been a fan of the crunchy stuff. It's just too weird for me.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I know this is about sammies, but I like my peanut butter with vanilla bean ice cream. MMMMMM!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Another pb and pickle sandwich eater here...they use to eat this on the Brady Bunch!

I also like pb and potato chips.

Reduced fat smooth Jif is my pb of choice, and Smuckers strawberry jam is what I eat with it on a regular basis though, although my ds is partial to grape jelly so sometimes I have that too.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmmmm!
I like Jif low fat PB. I love PB and honey or PB and marshmallow fluff. Haven't had that in forever! PB and potato chip...yummmmayyyy. will try PB and pickles, and also love PB on my ice cream. Melted, of course. In fact, melted PB is amazing on lots of stuff. PB and celery sandwiches are also great, just slice the celery up semi-course and stir. Then spread! I like a crunch in my sammies.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Nashville said:

Yeah, the salty sweet combo is heaven after a rough day. Salty, sweet, crunchy bites of goodness. :lickout:

Yes, yum yum yum!!

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Haven said:
Also, I can only eat peanut butter in small doses because it gives me cold sores. Does anyone else have this problem? If I don't take two l-lysine pills when I eat peanut butter I get cold sores. It's horrible. Am I the only one?

Not alone, DH reacts same way with foods high in Arganine: most protein powders, several grains, almond paste and peanuts.
Vitamin B complex, sage tea and being well rested have helped him tremendously. Commercial breads can be tricky, we only purchase from 2 bakeries and bake the rest from scratch. Good Luck =)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Nashville said:

I thought I was the only person who ate peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches (especially the rippled chips - extra crunch). I haven't had one of these in almost 35 years! Now I want one so badly!!!! I knew I should have stayed away from this thread. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results