shape
carat
color
clarity

Peanut Butter & _______ Sandwich

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I love peanut butter sandwiches (or as we call them in our house, sammiches).

What do you add to yours? If you're the classic peanut butter and jelly type, what kind of jelly do you prefer?

Do you like peanut butter sandwiches with anything else in them?

Anything else you'd like to share about your sandwiches? Creamy? Chunky? Skippy? Jif?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I'll start.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Mmmm. nom nom nom

I started making peanut butter and green olive sandwiches for DH and he really likes them. When I met him, he was partial to peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwiches. I'm not a huge fan of them, but it's definitely worth a try.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I LOOOOOVE peanut butter. In fact, I'm eating it right now :)

I like to eat the reduced fat skippy peanut butter. Extra Chunky.

I usually eat mine either plain or with raspberry jelly. If not raspberry, then I love strawberry. Yummmmmm.

Banana's with peanut butter is great too. Elvis' fav sandwich :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
I'll start.

I started making peanut butter and green olive sandwiches for DH and he really likes them. When I met him, he was partial to peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwiches. I'm not a huge fan of them, but it's definitely worth a try.

OoO!!! Tell me more about those peanut butter and cheddar cheese sammies please!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love peanut butter butter with my favorite being creamy but depending on my mood I will sometimes prefer chunky. I usually eat it straight up ;-)
but if I have it in a sandwich I like it plain peanut butter though sometimes a pb and honey sandwich is a nice change.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Never thought of having PB and honey...I'll be trying that tonight. MMMMMMM. This thread is dangerous for me!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I looooove peanut butter and honey sandwiches! When I was little, I used to mix PB and honey in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. :lickout: Add bananas and whipped cream, and it's the ultimate sweet sandwich.

I also like the classic PB&J, but with a thin layer of jam. Globby jelly grosses me out.

ETA: Like all kinds of jam and both crunchy and smooth PB. If I had to choose, however, crunchy all the way. The 'natural' kind with the oil at the top.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... My mom used to make us PB and honey sandwiches with banana... :lickout: I think I know what I'll make myself for lunch tomorrow!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I just discovered a delicious pb sandwich combo- it is cinnamon raisin peanut butter with sliced apple on top and cream cheese on top of that. It sounds strange but it's so delicious, if you're ever in NY you need to go to peanut butter and co it's a shop dedicated to pb sandwhiches and it's where I got this combo. They also sell their pb in select grocery stores with yummy flavors like white chocolate and the cinnamon raisin.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love Peanut butter and Honey, but here's a fun one, got those of you who like crunch, try:

Peanut butter with Granulate sugar! The coarser the grains the better. I use the natural cane sugar (unbleached, like florida crystals)

All I do is toast a piece of bread, spread peanut butter, and flip it onto a plate of granulated sugar, and press!

It's so yummy! I have my kids hooked on it too.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
purselover said:
I just discovered a delicious pb sandwich combo- it is cinnamon raisin peanut butter with sliced apple on top and cream cheese on top of that. It sounds strange but it's so delicious, if you're ever in NY you need to go to peanut butter and co it's a shop dedicated to pb sandwhiches and it's where I got this combo. They also sell their pb in select grocery stores with yummy flavors like white chocolate and the cinnamon raisin.

I have to try this! :lickout:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, forgot another one, my kids love peanut butter with nutella, it's like eating a candy bar!

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
extra chunky with:

(one of the following or all i s'pose!)

honey
duncan hines frosting
nutella
sliced bananas

of course, i love the ol' standby of jam/jelly.

:lickout:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the time I used Reduced Fat Jif - Creamy. I like it best with raspberry jam (with seeds). If I'm eating it on white bread, untoasted; wheat bread, toasted. Or on toasted cinnamon bread. I also love peanut butter with bananas and/or honey. Or a grilled PB&J "quesadilla."

Lately I'm eating a lot of almond butter, though, more often than peanut butter.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Travel Goddess said:
I'll start.

OoO!!! Tell me more about those peanut butter and cheddar cheese sammies please!

He just likes to put a slice (or two) of sharp cheddar cheese in between two peanut buttered slices of bread. At first it seemed really gross, but I tried a bit and it's kind of interesting. I've also seen him just smear a big glob of creamy peanut butter on a hunk of cheese. Strange. I think it was the textures together I couldn't get over. I wonder if it would be good pressed in a panini....

If I'm doing classic PB&J then I love Skippy Natural (creamy) with Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves. Ooh, or Knott's Berry Farm's Boysenberry. Mmmm.

I love Nutella and I love peanut butter. I wonder why I've never combined them.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Skippy Natural PB, extra chunky. I like PB and banana sandwiches. I love nutella but I've never tried it with PB -- sounds good!

I had my first PB&J sandwich a few years ago (had never tried it as a kid because I hated PB). It wasn't too bad, but I agree with EB -- gobbs of jelly gross me out too.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jaysonsmom said:
Oh, forgot another one, my kids love peanut butter with nutella, it's like eating a candy bar!

I was just going to post that. Soooo gooood... Honey is also nice.

I love sharp cheese with nutella, so peanut butter and cheese sounds good to me. I will have to try it next time I get my hands on some good peanut butter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purselover said:

I've been meaning to try this place for ages. Thanks for the reminder purselover!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
purselover said:

I live right by NY....I'll have to go there.

This thread is dangerous, I'll say it again. :Up_to_something:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can no longer eat peanut butter unfortunately, but peanut butter and banana was my favourite. I also liked toast with peanut butter and honey. :bigsmile:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I eat low-fat creamy peanut butter with cherry preserves.:lickout:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. My mother packed this all the time.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Another PB and honey fan here :wavey: i still eat it a couple of times a week on toast or in a sammich (im stealing that one, TG, its cool!)...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I just prefer peanut butter on a slice of toast. Does that count? I'm a simple girl!

I love peanut butter on bananas, but I'll admit I've never put them on a sandwich together. I'll have to try it!

I only like creamy and I prefer Skippy.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
BACON!!!! It's so much better than it sounds! Embrace your inner Elvis and try it.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah.

pbjellytime.gif

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Peanut butter and pickle.

I don't even like pickles, but the "sammich" is delicious for some reason.

And of course, peanut butter and banana are always a fave.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread has me drooling.

My favorite is peanut butter (extra chunky, whatever all-natural brand DH buys) with thinly sliced banana and a drizzle of honey. MMMMMMM.

I also like a classic PB & J sandwich with extra chunky PB and grape jelly or blackberry jam.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Haven said:
This thread has me drooling.

Yes, in hindsight, I should have started this thread after I'd already eaten dinner. Instead, I've just been eating spoonfuls of peanut butter out of the jar (new spoon each time, of course).

Two random peanut butter comments: 1) Peanut Butter is my NUMBER ONE cure for hiccups. It works without fail, every time. 2) I cannot bring myself to ever buy the PB&J in the jar together. "Goobers" or whatever it's called. That's just wrong. When I met DH, he had no qualms about using the same knife for PB that he'd just used to smear jelly on bread. It took a lot of coaxing but I finally convinced him to use a spoon for the jelly and a knife for the PB. Now if only he could keep the toast crumbs off of the stick of butter..... :tongue:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
None for me, thanks.

goober.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results