shape
carat
color
clarity

Peach tourmaline has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It has finally arrived from Finewater Gems. The packaging is just so cute!

pink package.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I''m still trying to fingure out how to do this.

th_DSCN0816.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The cut is so pretty. Bummer, I can''t seem to capture it with the camera!
38.gif

th_RSCN0829.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Closer view of the stone...

peach tourmaline.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least...the setting I just purchased. Do you think it will look ok in this?

twotonering.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that setting! That''s two-tone right? My screen tricks me sometimes. As far as I can tell, that should look GREAT together. Peach stones are so pretty!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it''s two tone. I couldn''t decide which color metal to go with (I was thinking more of rose gold) so decide, what the heck, I just get the two tone!
31.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Well I love it! I love to mix and match metals, so two tone or tri-color really catches my eye. It kind of pulls the whole jewelry look together!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really pretty! I think that the two tone setting will look great with that stone too because of the warm tone of the color. I can''t wait to see it set!

You''ll have to try to take some pictures using only natural light with the macro setting on - you should be able to get some decent pictures that way.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty tourmaline. Just make sure if you''re getting a two-tone setting, to ask the setting dealer if that''s solid yellow gold and solid white gold soddered together, and not some plating.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks amazing. The fall is a perfect time for the warmer yellow golds and warmer color gems. I am curious, the stone is round and the setting looks like it is for a square or cushion. How is that going to work ,or am I seeing it wrong? I can''t wait for pics of the stone in the ring.

Regards,
Lisa

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 6:15:31 PM
Author: LisaRN
The stone looks amazing. The fall is a perfect time for the warmer yellow golds and warmer color gems. I am curious, the stone is round and the setting looks like it is for a square or cushion. How is that going to work ,or am I seeing it wrong? I can''t wait for pics of the stone in the ring.

Regards,
Lisa
I was wondering the same thing, Lisa.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I got the setting from ebay. Not sure if the gold is soddered together or what. I did email the setter and he said "Yes,don''t worry about it,but we make it to fit 7.5round need 5-7day,please wait...thanks." They are not charging me for the changes, which is really very nice.

The seller of the setting is Jewe2004.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I''m going to try to take a better picture of the stone tomorrow in natural light.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, very pretty and it will look stunning in your ring.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 12:58:37 AM
Author: mochi
And last but not least...the setting I just purchased. Do you think it will look ok in this?

Oh that is lovely! I really like the setting too. I have admired it from afar! My only concern is that baske is shaped for a square stone. You would want the round stone to look like it was setting in a square frame. Maybe you can inquire if they can make it for a round?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I did message the seller and give them the stone messurement and that it is stone. He did write back and said not to worry. Oh well, if it doesn''t fit this stone, I guess I''ll just have to look for another stone...
emwink.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 4:06:39 PM
I did message the seller and give them the stone messurement and that it is stone. He did write back and said not to worry. Oh well, if it doesn''t fit this stone, I guess I''ll just have to look for another stone...
emwink.gif
Welcome to my world! Beautiful tourmaline; those portuguese cuts really are hard to capture on camera.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2008 4:06:39 PM
emwink.gif
I like the way you think!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone. Can''t wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results