shape
carat
color
clarity

Peach Sapphire E ring

alynnbythesea

Rough_Rock
Hello, I have been lurking on these forums. I am starting to look at e-rings. Interested in rings on Etsy at eidelprecious but concerned about quality of stones/craftsmanship. Have seen reviews of side stones falling out.
Looking for a peach sapphire, pear shaped 3-4ct ( I think?) to be set in yellow gold for size 6 finger. I’ve found the setting I like. Is it better and easy to find a local place to recreate this setting and I bring my one stone assuming I find one or buy a setting online premade? Budget of 10k or less.

Settings I like https://www.etsy.com/listing/527047867/rose-gold-engagement-rings-peach

I am in NJ and haven’t found anything in local shops I like.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you aren’t buying the ring as a whole item from somewhere
I think finding the pear peach sapphire you love would come first over buying a semi-mount.
‘Peach’ in itself is a huge range of colors - finding the stone in your chosen color within peach designation, what also looks good on your skin tone.
Also - some peach-y sapphires are pink sapphires that shift to peach-y in some lighting, if that matters to you. Any way, most likely all the sapphires will shift in some way along those color lines and probably include some lavender or yellow orange brown too. If you are picky in what you want to see - you’ll definitely want to see the stone in person in multiple lightings and compare to online photo representations.
IMO if going a natural sapphire, it will be quite an exercise in finding one in a color you love that’s calibrated in size to fit an existing semi-mount nicely. Therefore getting the prongs/basket to line up with the pear shape/outline would have me leaning towards custom built over premade semi mount.
I also wouldn’t discount some 2+ caraters, look at the face up size along with the carat weight.

Search AfricaGems, Pearlmans, JTV, and TheNaturalSapphireCo for peach sapphire pears for some eye candy. I’m not saying you need to buy from these places - but good to look at. They run sales, too - so don’t get too hung up on the list price.

Have fun hunting!
And congrats on your engagement!

Last edited:

deco1

Rough_Rock
Another vendor to try is Gemfix.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results