shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Peach/Pink Spinel...what color side stones?

Discussion in 'Colored Stones' started by Taylorbug!, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

by Taylorbug! » Aug 22, 2010
    I want to make a 3 stone ring with this peach/pink spinel.....using diamond side stones. What shape and color do you suggest? The spinel is calibrated 8mm oval. :confused:

peachspinel2.54ctoval.jpg

2. Nashville
    Brilliant_Rock

by Nashville » Aug 22, 2010
    I like 3 stone oval rings. Maybe something unexpected color-wise for the side stones, like ovals in soft lavender.

3. RockHugger
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by RockHugger » Aug 22, 2010
    Ooooh I think those crescent shape diamonds would look awesome!

4. JewelFreak
    Ideal_Rock

by JewelFreak » Aug 22, 2010
    I vote for diamonds too. Something that won't distract the eye from that lovely spinel!

--- Laurie

5. m00sie
    Rough_Rock
    Trade

by m00sie » Aug 22, 2010
    I agree diamonds would be nice :)

Is that spinel from gem-earth? Were the vendor pics similar to the stone in real life?

I have 4 stones on their way from them (they're stuck at customs at the moment) but have heard mixed reviews.

6. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Aug 22, 2010
    champagne diamonds, small ones. I think they would bring out the pink in the gem.

7. Lady_Disdain
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Lady_Disdain » Aug 22, 2010
    TIny pastel green pears.

8. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

m00sie...Yes, this spinel was from gem-earth....I also purchased a yellow sapphire and a blue sapphire and all three stones were very true to the vendor pics. I was a bit worried because of another post I had read here in CS. But I have to say I was delighted with all three stones. :appl: I will post my irl pics as soon as I get a chance to take some!

9. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

I was thinking about these for the sides? What do you think?

I color VS2 .82 ct.jpg

10. HotPozzum
    Brilliant_Rock

by HotPozzum » Aug 22, 2010
    Oooh lovely spinel! I also vote for the diamond half-moons.

11. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

HotPozzum...just had to laugh...I think while you were posting to my thread I was reading your's about the B & M visit. Such a shame they don't have better educated sales people. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. arjunajane
    Ideal_Rock

by arjunajane » Aug 22, 2010
    Hi taylor- I also like the idea of champagne-ish half moons. May I just suggest though, before you begin investing time and money in having the spinel set are you able to verify it is not a synthetic? I am also a previous buyer from Gem Earth (of a spinel) and I would say after learning what I have I am less than 50% confident my stone is what its supposed to be (real and untreated). I dont believe vendor photos were much of a concern in the other threads, infact I would agree their photos are very representative. But Maureen's reluctance to have any gems sent to reputable labs, and the fact there is alot of doubt that SLP lab exists- well I just wouldnt want you to invest in this ring than find out something disappointing down the track :( I hope you dont mind me bringing it up, I thought it prudent in your case as you've also purchased sapphires and have likely paid a decent amount to gem earth for the 3 stones..

13. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

by Taylorbug! » Aug 23, 2010

arjunajane...thanks for the information. I did in fact purchase 2 sapphires from gem-earth as well, both with AIGS certs. I didn't get anything with the spinel. Can it be sent for certification? If so, would this go to AIGS as well? I didn't pay alot for the stone, so don't know if it would be worth the expense to certify it or not. Even so, it is a pretty stone. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

:wavey:

14. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Aug 23, 2010
    You cannot go wrong with diamond accents but in this case, I wouldn’t do colourless diamonds but instead choose colours that will play up the colour like champagne. I like the idea of pastel lavender but finding a matching pair in oval shapes will be more of a challenge.

15. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

by Taylorbug! » Aug 23, 2010

Chrono....any idea where I could possibly find matching champagne diamonds??? :wavey:

16. brandy_z28
    Brilliant_Rock

by brandy_z28 » Aug 23, 2010
    What about orangy yellow citrines? :mrgreen:

17. Largosmom
    Brilliant_Rock

by Largosmom » Aug 24, 2010
    I was thinking about something in pale yellow as well...sapphires, zircons, or citrines, depending on the shade are candidates. I like the two stones you posted, but it's hard to see what color they are as they are reflecting the background from what I can see. I'd go for something creamy yellow...if you want larger stones than diamonds for your money, the zircons might be nice, though I think it may be easier to find sapphires. Perhaps if someone has sapphire rough, they can cut the half-moon shapes. Or...that three stone garnet and peridot ring was kinda what I was thinking might look nice with more subdued colors for your spinel.

Laura

18. Lovinggems
    Ideal_Rock

by Lovinggems » Aug 24, 2010
    Warm colour diamonds sounnds good, is your I colours on the warm side?