shape
carat
color
clarity

PAYPAL SCAM - BEWARE OF JANICE SMITH

amyek

Rough_Rock
Y'ALL. I WAS SELLING A SETTING ON DB AND LT AND GOT A BUYER, SO I THOUGHT. HER NAME IS "JANICE SMITH". SHE NEGOTIATED THE PRICE DOWN AND SENT ME A FAKE PP EMAIL SAYING I'D GET THE $ ONCE I PROVIDED TRACKING INFO. I CALLED PP AND THEY VERIFIED IT WAS A SCAM. Y'ALL BE CAREFUL. PEOPLE ARE CREEPS OUT THERE!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the heads up! Glad you checked with Paypal

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do be careful. I think it's odd that the buyer will only pay once the seller has provided the tracking number. It is supposed to be the other way around - the buyer has to pay in full before the seller will provide the tracking number.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG thank you for letting us know. Would hate to hear of a warm hearted person taking someone's word and going with this method only to get scammed :nono:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1449020388|3956238 said:
Do be careful. I think it's odd that the buyer will only pay once the seller has provided the tracking number. It is supposed to be the other way around - the buyer has to pay in full before the seller will provide the tracking number.

Concur - I never post an item before I have received payment for it.

DK :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of Loupe Troop- I have recently (within the last week) had inquiries from 2 different names about selling items I haven't had listed for over a year-maybe 2, but somehow they are contacting me about these old (completed) listings. I just find it very odd, and now I'm wondering if it's some sort of scam artist contacting lots of different people. Two items were John Hardy and the other was a David Yurman piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results