shape
carat
color
clarity

Pawn Shops in Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Can someone who lives in the Houston area suggest local pawn shops that have a decent selection of jewelry for sale?

Thank you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have got to flag down LadyKemma - she knows all the good pawn shops in Houston.

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
Calling LadyKemma. Please come in!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
she actually listed them in another thread i believe. try doing a search for ''pawn shops''

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, it was in hangout. I bet you can find it pretty easily. It was recent...
2.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I have bought pieces at all these places. "what's your best price...."

get ready to see the unwashed diamonds.

fry road at I-10 past the dairy queen. big 1/2 price sale on the 16th. super nice staff.
marquis cluster like elizabeth taylor about asking price 600 will get 250. needs a new shank.
an old european cut (?) half carat (?) covered in crud in an old interesting setting. I am dying to know what is under all that crud. $200
a nice selection of various cuts of diamonds. half crap /half good.

starting westhemier at hwy 6 make your way in.

first pawn shop on right Pawn One
this is where the fluorescent D (?) vs half carat marquise is $600
these guys have some nice stuff, super nice, very negotiable for reasonable offers. and they clean it!

second pawn shop on right
MEAN owner, skip

make your way down to dairy ashford. Ashford pawn. rich neighborhood. super nice stuff and staff. they negotiate edited to add -- just past dairy ashford by the krispy kreme donuts. on the left.

Bellaire at hwy 6. run by the wimmen. negotiable. nice stuff mixed in with the crap. this is where the platinum band 5 - 40 pointers in a row. super sharp.

westhemier by where rose hill hospital used to be. texas jewelry (not a pawn shop) estate only. there is a 3-4 carat champagne diamond in there in an ancient platinum setting.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I kept looking for the thread before I posted - couldn''t find it. But it''s not the first time.
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THere you are Lady K!! I tried to find that other pawn shop thread and couldn''t!!!

(and with 400+ posts, methinks you should be bumped up from Rough Rock pretty soon, here?)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LadyK--you should post your finds!! I just love rooting around pawn shops--and found a few huge places in Vegas and a great one in Palm Springs!! (not too cheap tho....). Always regretted not buying that sweet tsavorite in "my" place in PS.....

cheers--Sharon

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
this is the pawn shop pear, with the helzberg wrap. the pawn shop pear has a helzberg hallmark.

zoommarigold.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
this was a 2000 dollar piece at jareds and macy''s I found it for 400 at the pawn shop run by the ladies.

kemmaheart3.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i call this one "the dreadful stone". It has no crown, and is out of round. I found it on the ground filthy with soap scum-- it had been someone''s pendant.

when the jewelers at the houston gold exchange broke it out of its pendant setting, the jeweler started to chuckle. Hilariously, he ran a whole sarin analysis on it and everything. "it''s not round!" anyway without my permission, this skilled jeweler put it in a setting called "king arthurs seat" and now it has the appearance of a square stone.

"the dreadful stone" captures a lot of attention because people can''t quite put their finger on it. they stare and stare trying to figure it out. it has beautiful scintillation in huge black and white flashes and surprising amount of fire for a stone that is basically all pavilion.

out of round girdle.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
side view i forgot about the horrible girdle too.

dreadful diamond side view.JPG

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
canterbury junk store stone. the owner thought it was a cz.

canterbury3rdview1.jpg

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the post of pawn shops.

My sister is coming to town and the plan is to hit all the shops on the list.

Will let you know what I find.

Thanks again.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, canuk-gal, where''s the one in Palm Springs? I''ll be there this weekend and might have to check that out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2006 10:40:22 AM
Author: MustangGal
Hey, canuk-gal, where''s the one in Palm Springs? I''ll be there this weekend and might have to check that out!
HI:

No problemmo. The shop I speak of is "Desert Jewelry Mart" in Cathedral City. It is owned and operated by "Micheal" (gemologist) and I have purchase several pieces from him in past. He is open to some negoitation, and I paid usually with cash--and that helped. BTW, while cruising ebay some time ago, I check out a link to a David Yurman piece, and found Micheal also has a website--Penoriss is his ebay name. Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results