shape
carat
color
clarity

Pawn Shop Splurge

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, how did you know I'd been scrolling through PS threads on extra piercings? .... my extra one closed up long ago, but I had considered re-piercing, and making the babygirl a milgrain bezel low-profile stud in 14k unplated wg. Local jeweller wanted over $150 to do it, so I blanched and was stopped in my tracks. Hmmm.
I think that would be a cute idea! I love migrain bezel anything..and it would make it look larger.
To answer your question about Adam sourcing the stone..I don’t know him but seems so nice the way Missy describes him..It doesn’t hurt to ask him...I heard David Klass can source small OEC stones too and can set them both for you.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Do you like two-tone? I was thinking that I like the color contrast between the two in the spatial arrangement shown in your picture, and what if you bezeled the larger stone in white gold and the smaller in yellow gold and made them into a pendant? Or keep the gold color the one that more closely matches the stone colors to emphasize the difference? They look nice together!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like two-tone? I was thinking that I like the color contrast between the two in the spatial arrangement shown in your picture, and what if you bezeled the larger stone in white gold and the smaller in yellow gold and made them into a pendant? Or keep the gold color the one that more closely matches the stone colors to emphasize the difference? They look nice together!
I like this!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
9B55028E-8468-4CD9-BC71-0DCC5BE07791.jpeg
Something like this but what @josieKat said about bezeling in different colors..

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Jessica McCormack pendant, but since you said you are missing your toi et moi ring, I think you should make a ring out of mamma. And perhaps a simple tiny earring for a new second piercing out of baby. I don't know what one of these would cost, but something like this would work. Not the bezel you mentioned, but it seems like it's also sold as a single and comes in sizes for small stones. I'd see if there is someone who sells stuller close to you and find out pricing.

https://www.stuller.com/products/29...yId=11121&recommendationSource=CategoryBrowse

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think having the babygirl matched would be possible? I dont have any stud earrings at the moment and 3.4mm is a good size for minimalistic studs for days off.

Would Adam at OWD be offended by being asked to match such a small stone?

Absolutely not. And if anyone can find a match Adam can find one. That would be beautiful. Babygirl times two = studilicious.:love:
Love "gift with purchase":appl:

I sent an email to Adam asking about matching and hope to hear back next week. Depending on cost that might be something I could actually accomplish.

Yassss! Fingers crossed he finds you the perfect match for babygirl.

Missy that’s a question that makes me stop and think. I really appreciate that! Very savvy of you, thanks.

You’re right that budget is a stumbling block. There are some who say, perhaps rightly, that if I couldn’t manage to buy a setting, I should never have bought a stone. But like everything else in my life I’ve been lucky just to have stumbled into bliss. Once I’ve found it, I tend to clamp down on happiness like a greyhound onto a squeaky toy and carry it around with me for a long time. (Have I mentioned we’re getting two new greyhounds this week as our state ended racing and now the rescue group is panicked... our priorities are animals first)

This stone is something I never expected, never “earned” really, so I don’t know what to do with her. I thought pendant because she would be safe, and I hadn’t wanted anything that looked like an engagement ring because marriage is not in the cards. I know I’ll stare at her endlessly wherever she lands. And I miss wearing my Toi et Moi which was left in a sad state.

Should I do a poll with pictures? It’s helpful if other people weigh in. Thank you for helping me think this through. You’re just the best.

Ooh so exciting and congratulations on the newest additions to your family!:kiss2: And yes, rescue animals and animals in general take priority.
slider_yourock.gif

Excited for you to see what you end up dedicating re the OECs and don't feel pressured to rush into a decision. Take your time if you are unsure. And I personally find it helpful sharing thoughts on PS so if you also find it useful I think starting a thread or continuing this thread is a good idea as thoughts come to you about this project.

Since you miss your Toi et Moi it is definitely something you should keep on your list as a possibility. Don't cross anything off yet if you are still thinking about it.
And remember to have fun with it too.
1899449huiscpgoci.gif

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done!! Way to go! Saved a diamond and got a great deal. Don’t feel rushed on the setting. Save some money until you can afford the one you want. Maybe by that time You will have figured out the setting you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results