shape
carat
color
clarity

Pavilion Angle 40.6 & Crown Angle 35.5. Possible issues?

Deftness

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I found a diamond that I ordered from JA. (It does not ship for another week, so it's not at JA, hence I haven't been able to get an idealscope photo).

My main reservation is the crown angle/pavilion angle combination. While the pavilion angle is small at 40.6 and the crown angle compliments it by being large, the crown angle is unfortunately 35.5. That got me thinking of how having a large crown angle or large pavilion angle impact the performance of the stone? I know the ranges, but I'm curious what symptoms will show when outside of the ranges. Do you think I have anything to worry about, or any thoughts on things I should physically examine this stone for?

Thanks!

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.30
COLOR: I
CLARITY: VVS1
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Faint
L/W/D (MM): 7.04*6.99*4.32

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 61.60
GIRDLE: Medium
TABLE %: 56.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 35.50
CROWN %: 15.50
PAVILION ∠: 40.60

PAVILION %: 42.50

HCA

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good

HCA VALUE: 1.3

edit:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...i-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-666051

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really have to have the idealscope or ASET image to know if there are any issues (leakage) or not. If I had to buy without images, I would probably stick with 35 max for the crown angle. It looks like it has potential from the video, but I'd want the images before they send it to you. You can post them here if you want feedback.

Deftness

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate replying to me! I'll request that they get either of the images and post back here. I really appreciate it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results