shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking to have a custom band made--I have some previous posts showing a cartier band as well. this picture is a Leon Mege ring and while its not the design i want, I thought the pave looked unusual --sort of grid like. Is this my imagination?

paveruby.JPG

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It does look set on a grid, instead of the usual honeycomb-link staggered pattern.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 1:09:14 AM
Author: pixley
It does look set on a grid, instead of the usual honeycomb-link staggered pattern.

thanks pixley--i am going to have a custom band made-very wide. whats do you think is more suitable the gridlike pave or the offset staggered like this cartier?

cartierpave.jpg

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I find the staggered ones more pleasant on the eyes - it allows the eyes to meander about the setting a bit more. I find the Leon one a little masculine for some reason.
ETA - Those Cartier bands are delicious!
30.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
good point!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
can anyone tell me if this cartier ring is pave or MICRO pave?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also prefer the honeycomb-like look for a woman''s ring. The grid look is somewhat reminiscent of pieces that are marketed to the Hip Hop and Athlete set, and those pieces tend to be more masculine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results