shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave vs. Engraved?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s your opinion on getting a ring with pave or getting one that''s been engraved? If a ring is engraved, it adds a touch of detail without having to worry about the melee falling out. On the other hand, pave is soooooo pretty.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Engraving can be pretty, but pave is sparkly!!! Personally I have not found my pave to be any trouble but I use reasonable care when wearing my ring.

RRose

Rough_Rock
My setting is 1/2 pave and I love it! It adds a little more sparlke to the whole package
emwink.gif
I''ve been engaged for 3 months and have had no problems with the diamonds, but I also am very careful with my ring. A friend of mine has an eternety pave setting for her e-ring and weddign band and she''s had no problems for the past 2 years she''s had them.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is pave also, and I have had no trouble with any stones falling out. At first I was very careful not to bang it on anything, but that phase has passed. I never really worry about it, and so far I''ve had good luck with it staying perfectly intact. If you get pave, check out the company''s policy. The company we had our ring made with will replace any stones that fall out of the setting. The way I see it, if they are willing to replace stones that fall out, then they must be pretty certain it will hold up.

I think both Pave and engraving are lovely. But don''t let the fear of lost stones sway you away from pave if that''s what you really want.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 6:29:10 PM
Author:zoebartlett
What''s your opinion on getting a ring with pave or getting one that''s been engraved? If a ring is engraved, it adds a touch of detail without having to worry about the melee falling out. On the other hand, pave is soooooo pretty.
I''ve seen metal work that was difficult to distinguish from diamond melee! I was looking at a watch in a jewelry store and I had to get REALLY close to note that the diamonds were only on the first few rows and the rest were little shiny balls of metal. The jeweler didn''t even know and so we louped it and I was right! We look at such huge pictures of rings here its difficult to imagine not being able to tell if it is diamonds or not, but sometimes it can be fooling!

JBunnie

Rough_Rock
Do you think I can have the solid portions of my ring engraved without having to reset the entire thing? There are channel set diamonds, 6 on each side. But because of how they are set there is a lot of solid metal. The metal looks dull and a bit beat up.

JBunnie

Rough_Rock
Here is the e-ring. What are your expert opinions about engraving? Sorry it''s not a great picture, it''s actually the only one that isn''t blurry.

"/>

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JMO... but pave is lively... it catches and reflects light and is always in motion... engraving isn''t. It''s static. I prefer pave.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
If you really want extra diamonds in your ring, you should get them. Even just 0.10-0.30cts can go a long way with little pave accents to make your hand-engraved ring really stand out. If you cover say 10-20% of the ring surface in pave diamonds and the other 80-90% in hand-engraving it really doesn''t add too much to the cost and that way you still get extra sparkle.

Rosebud08

Rough_Rock
Definitely go with pave. I''d insure it as well

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes, pavé is my all time favorite !

I am no engraving fan either so that is just my opinion but I find pavé much sparklier (of course
2.gif
) while still staying a clean look.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2007 2:23:29 AM
Author: Gypsy
JMO... but pave is lively... it catches and reflects light and is always in motion... engraving isn''t. It''s static. I prefer pave.

I totally agree. I was out in a crowd today and really noticed the rings with pave.

I was worried about pave before I got my ring but it seems to be holding up well. Go with a good designer/brand and have it checked regularly. Pave really does add extra sparkle to your ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 9:46:07 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 2/11/2007 2:23:29 AM
Author: Gypsy

I totally agree. I was out in a crowd today and really noticed the rings with pave.

I was worried about pave before I got my ring but it seems to be holding up well. Go with a good designer/brand and have it checked regularly. Pave really does add extra sparkle to your ring.
Ditto, and I think engraving might go out of style with time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results