shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave style

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Would you describe this type of pave as bead set or bright cut? What kinds of pave show less metal than this? What size melee would work with a 1.07 cushion? Starting to collect ideas for my reset...

_37025.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to a couple of things I've looked at they are the same thing. Pave is not my specialty. I'm sure some others will weigh in
but I thought I'd post this.

different_pave_types.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your current rings are very beautiful, but if you are considering a change like a halo or something, by all means use a pave master like Victor Canera to make it. You don't have to worry about melee sizes because he knows what they need to be!

I like bright cut pave a lot. The metal sides protect the diamonds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1461472749|4022990 said:
I think your current rings are very beautiful, but if you are considering a change like a halo or something, by all means use a pave master like Victor Canera to make it. You don't have to worry about melee sizes because he knows what they need to be!

I like bright cut pave a lot. The metal sides protect the diamonds.

I agree with DS. I STRONGLY PREFER bright cut pave, if it appeals to the aesthetic you are seeking in your design. I personally did not want brightcut for my halo. I'd seen brightcut halos and they just didn't work for the design.

I think it's even more important to go for a pave "master" handforged bench if you are considering something that is not bright cut, or has a lot of pave. If you are just talking a shank or two, you can go for a very experienced bench with pave like BGD or BE, if your budget doesn't work for handforged. There are options.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
I'd think bright cut and beat set would be same thing. But in my mind I like to call smaller melee and star sizes as bright cut and larger melee 5 cents above as bead set :-/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results