shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave sides bother other fingers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ASTjitters

Rough_Rock
Just curious ... for those of you that have the pave around the entire band, or 3/4 of the band, do you find it bothers your other two fingers? Or do you just get used to that "feeling" of having that there?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My band is 3/4 pave and I have no problem whatsoever. I didn''t even need to get used to it. It was comfortable from the beginning.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
well, I have had a smooth wedding band and a smooth engagement ring all along and I also have an eternity band that I originally intended to wear allthe time (3 rings total).

I have rarely worn all 3, and yes the eternity band did bother me for the first 6 months or so.

Lately i am finally used to it.

It was grueling, hard work! But darn it, I persisted and I did get used to all those diamonds!!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! None of my pave'' irritates my fingers.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t bother me one bit! My band is micro pave and it''s very smooth and clean. It actually felt better than my original solitaire the minute I put it on. It all depends how the ring is made.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i have pave eternity bands with milgrain and at first when I put it on I notice it but its not uncomfortable at all.
1.gif

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I have a half eternity band and in the beginning I did notice the side stones touching my other fingers, but not in an uncomfortable way. I used to wear a smooth band promise ring for many years so I probably noticed more that my e-ring's band was much thicker than my promise ring. I got used to it pretty quickly though. I am planning to get a full eternity wedding band. Not sure if having stones all around will bother me any more than the half, but I'm thinking that it shouldn't. Mine looks like this:

DSC00782_edited-vi.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My three stone ring has pave on the shank (3/4 of the way around) and I have worn it comfortably for a year now. I never even had to get used to it, I barely know it is there.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
ASTJiters, care to share a pic of the style you are considering?
2.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps it makes a difference what type of ring the pave is sitting on? I remember trying on quite a few pave rings that didn''t feel uncomfortable at all but then I tried on a more rounded ring where the pave went all the way around (sorry if that''s not very clear) and that did feel uncomfortable on my finger.

However, the saleslady did point out that the ring was too big for me so it would rub against my finger a lot less if it was in my actual size.

The most comfortable pave ones I tried on were those three/two row flat bands that both Ritani and Michael B had but they were VERY $$$.
39.gif
loved them

DL

ASTjitters

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a picture yet - and I guess its not "too late" now, but my BF and I already are having a custom ring being made. It''s very, very simlilar to the Scott Kay ring that has 3 stones and pave stones on the side. My ring is going to have a 1.44 round center, .25 rounds on the sides, and then 22 1-pt round paves (11 on each side). The designer is making it more of a square-shaped shank so that it sits straight on my finger. We are getting a matching WB that will have approx 28 of the 1-pt round paves.

The wax is supposed to be done next Monday, but my BF and I will both be out of town for work the week!
7.gif

I think that now that I actually have a ring being made (we looked around at rings for over a month - it was exhausting!) I am just freaking out a little bit! But my BF reasurres me that it will be beautiful and perfect and I should have nothing to worry about! Hopefully I will get it (soon!) then I can post pictures on here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results