shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave - Round Brilliant vs. Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hsawaknow

Rough_Rock
All else being the same, which would have more sparkle? I''m looking at exchanging my fiance''s ER from a typical enternity type pave, I think it''s called a fishtail, to more of a channel. The one she has is a little rough to the touch and the thickness is a little uneven.

hsawaknow

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking either this...

1189sbr.jpg

hsawaknow

Rough_Rock
Or this...

1190sbr.jpg

hsawaknow

Rough_Rock
What we have is this....but the thickness at the top isn''t even and it''s a little rough around the edges if you know what I mean

PaveSetRing.jpg

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Generally speaking, rounds will have more sparkle than princesses. However, small, well-cut princesses look very nice. My e-ring features channel set princesses. I would be more concerned with how the shape of the stones affect how they look in a channel setting. There will be visible gaps between the individual round stones, while the princess cuts can sit flush with one another.

hsawaknow

Rough_Rock
Are there any other thoughts on RB pave vs Princess Channel or am I in the realm of personal preference?

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I think RB will sparkle more, but the Princess will set very nice together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results