Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Pave or channel set wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sparkle of pave bands and am considering two ultra thin ones to wear on either side of my engagement ring as a split shank wedding ring. I know the pave setting has a bad reputation for losing stones, etc. I''m a bit of a romantic and would like to wear my wedding ring a lot, never take it off, etc
Is a channel setting more secure? Are there any other wedding band settings that would hold stones more securely?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost a melee in my e-ring where it is bead set and it was a PITA. This is one of the reasons I went with a channel set WB. I would never get one with RBs however. It is just personal taste. I only like channel settings with min. metal on the sides and with square/rectangle stones. Have you posted your e-ring?

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 7:08:21 PM
Author: wolftress
Yep, here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-or-with-a-ring-guard.54895/

It''s a bad picture - I haven''t got the hang of photographing diamonds yet!

As my ering is a solitaire, I think 2 really thin diamond bands on either side would look pretty. It would just break my heart if I lost any of the little stones!
Well there is always a risk with any jewelry. If you go with pave I would suggest getting it a local B&M that replaces them for free. If you want RB stones I would get a prong set WB, if you wan PR stones I would get channel. With a solitare you really have free range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.