shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave on sides of ring only?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elliette

Rough_Rock
I am designing a new wedding ring and in all my searching I have not found one with pave on sides of the wedding ring only. I have a 3.25 round and I want it set really low in a 8 prong claw setting about 5mm wide with pave going down both sides and on the underside of the basket holding the diamond. I do not want any diamonds on the sides of the diamond looking down from the top. Does anyone have any pictures of this? This is the closest I can find but without the diamonds on the top side of the band. Any ideas?

180_xlarge.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forums elliette
35.gif

I can only think of a tension one at the moment http://www.gelinabaci.com/html/product_detail.php?id=314# but if you are going to make it custom and need a picture to show i can make a mock up for you, i think i understand what do you want, except - would you like the band NOT to rise up to the diamond but go uninterrupted under the diamond?

elliette

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I actually like this exact ring except without the diamonds on top. I was just curious why I couldn''t seem to find this style anywhere and it got me thinking maybe there was a reason I couldn''t think of. It seems like it would look nice but I can''t find anything even close.
Anybody have an opinion on this?

Your input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
4.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
i personally love three sided pave...but it could be interesting to have nothing on the top of the shank and i think it would put the focus on the center stone.

(i think i''d have to see a mock up of it to decide if i liked it with nothing on the top of the shank, though.)

do you dislike three sided pave? or do you just think it would be more interesting without pave on the top of the shank?

elliette

Rough_Rock
I love the three sided pave but I think the attention becomes the center diamond when it is just plain high polished platinum from the top. I love the idea of having a little surprise from the sides and still keeping the simplicity from the top. The diamond is already pretty flashy itself so I want to keep it classic and not too over the top (I am a jeans and t-shirt gal so I can''t go too foo-foo and pull it off with a straight face.
28.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ring you posted doesn''t look like it has pave on the sides - it looks like engraving.... but I do *see* what you''re describing in my head and I think it would be nice - just be careful if you''re going to pair it with a another ring - re damage to diamonds or other rings.... good luck!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
how about this one....
25a%20judith%20conway.jpg

elliette

Rough_Rock
I am going with the 5mm because I want to wear it solo without another band. The ring I posted has pave on all three sides and under the basket. I would leave off the milgrain detail for a cleaner look. I am just surprised I can''t find anything even remotely close so it has me second guessing why????
6.gif

elliette

Rough_Rock
wow! You are good. I couldn''t find anything even close to this. it is not exact but it gives me a general idea.
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:29:14 PM
Author: elliette
I love the three sided pave but I think the attention becomes the center diamond when it is just plain high polished platinum from the top. I love the idea of having a little surprise from the sides and still keeping the simplicity from the top. The diamond is already pretty flashy itself so I want to keep it classic and not too over the top (I am a jeans and t-shirt gal so I can't go too foo-foo and pull it off with a straight face.
28.gif
That's exactly the inspiration for my shank.... it is similar to the ring I posted above and will also be a 5mm band... but what I'm aiming for is a 2mm strip of plain metal down the middle flanked on either side by 1.5 point melee (pretty small) set at a 45* angle. I figure - how often am I really going to be looking at it straight on from the side? And straight up from the top it looks like just a little bit of glittery trim 1.5mm wide on each side... but from most viewing angles it is exactly at the right angle for viewing.... here's a pic of my stone on the inspiration ring:
cbOMC108.jpg

and the same setting with a round... these shots are much clearer anyway LOL I dunno the size, maybe molly will read this and mention the size!
47b5cc39b3127cce9655d88b630000000016108AauWTNw1ctI

47b5cc39b3127cce9655df49a26900000016108AauWTNw1ctI

47b5cc39b3127cce9655d03163be00000016108AauWTNw1ctI

BTW I'm having the head and gallery done totally different and the stones in this ring are set at more like 6* angle so it is etter seen from the sides than the top....

ETA: if it helps at all, the melee in these rings is 1 pointer and the shanks are 4mm wide - 2mm for solid and 1mm each side of melee. My stone is 9.5mm long on the 4mm band.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:39:26 PM
Author: elliette
wow! You are good. I couldn''t find anything even close to this. it is not exact but it gives me a general idea.
36.gif
ha! I''m only as good as I am motiviated to find pictures of my own dream ring haha ;-) I want mine set at more of an angle than you do.... but that''s just about as hard to find LOL

ellchris

Rough_Rock
my wedding band, 5mm, pave on one side. the ring is over 2.5mm thick though so it''s not the most comfortable thing.
i''ve seen the engagement ring version of my band, gorgeous. what you''re looking for can totally be done. (sorry for the terrible pic. took it a moment ago).

elle

myweddingring.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 11:11:07 PM
Author: ellchris
my wedding band, 5mm, pave on one side. the ring is over 2.5mm thick though so it''s not the most comfortable thing.
i''ve seen the engagement ring version of my band, gorgeous. what you''re looking for can totally be done. (sorry for the terrible pic. took it a moment ago).

elle
who makes your ring? we might be able to find the pics of the e-ring you''re talking about! :)

ellchris

Rough_Rock
Henrich&Denzel.
I saw the engagement ring when I was picking out my band. Three years later, I''m still debating if I should get it..lol

elliette

Rough_Rock
How exciting! Your dream ring is beautiful! Very similar in basic idea to what I want but without the slant.

Thank you for the picture of the wedding band also....I am getting excited now! I love the clean look of your wedding band and the surprise diamonds on the sides!

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock

Date: 2/11/2007 10:36:42 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
how about this one....
25a%20judith%20conway.jpg

Isn''t this a Judith Conway ring? I saw this one when I was looking to remount. It''s very pretty.

elliette

Rough_Rock
Yes, Judith Conoway.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
These rings are looking very stylish and beautiful! I love the look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results