shape
carat
color
clarity

pave diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EVERYDREAMISYOU

Rough_Rock
hey there...i''''m getting an ags 000 stone 1.25 g vs1, but unfortunately i''''m buying the stone and the setting separately. the dealer wants a 10% restocking fee if i''''m unsatisfied with the setting...i absolutely love the setting...i''''ve taken photos of the ring and found my local jewlers come close but no cigar..so i''''m just wondering if the pave stones are''''nt as brilliant as i want them to be ...well i mean if their dead in shine...can i have them removed and put in stones from another jeweler...what do you think it would run me...pave platinum 3 sided 46 stones vs1 to vs2, f-g..with a karat .55 total???..i''''m just worried that these pave stones will be dull...i''''m purchasing from an internet company...any help??

Sugardiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Rough Rock;

Here are my thoughts as a retail jeweler;

1. Most micropave settings come from mass produced wholesalers. Very few are really ideal cut or sparkly. I would
do a little bit more research as to what this mounting is. The common answer of G-H VS is not really satisfactory in
my opinion.

2.Re-setting in an existing mounting is not an option. Micropave or regular pave requires teeny tiny prongs that get
broken when removing stones and then you are left with a mess and not a clean and tidy look when resetting with
new diamonds.

3. Can you narrow it down to a designer?

Sugardiamonds

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who is the vendor you are considering the setting from? Is the setting from a designer?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you are purchasing from a reputable vendor and/or a designer setting you should be fine. Can you tell us who you are thinking of purchasing from? Any pictures or a link to the setting?

EVERYDREAMISYOU

Rough_Rock
ok its james allen 1114p (item #) pave 3 sided ring setting...platinum..I love the setting but i can''t find any one to duplicate it..i have fear of purchasing the ring if they give me really crappy side stones...so i''m trying to find a local jeweler but they just cant get it right ...how do i get a ring with good side stones?? or all they all just the same...can i get brilliant side stones...its 46 stones about .55 carat......if i''m not satisfied james allen wants 10% restocking fee..thats 10% of 2400$$...

EVERYDREAMISYOU

Rough_Rock
anybody know where i can get good ags 000 stones brilliant?/my budget is 10,000-13,000$$$...but i''m lookin for quality...i want my lady to say wow !!hanks

EVERYDREAMISYOU

Rough_Rock
the jeweler showed me a dud ags 000
7.gif
7.gif
...i couldn''t believe it..i thought i scored..i thought all ags 000 were beautiful..i guess i was wrong..
7.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
7.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/sad.gif" width="15 border=0">

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, it might be because it's late and I am weary from a long day. But I'm very confused. It seems you are asking two different questions. The first regarding a James Allen setting and the melee quality of that setting. And the second about a center stone.

I'm not clear on a couple of points. If there a reason you wouldn't buy the center stone from James Allen as well? They are competitively priced and you can do a search to see what their reputation is regarding both settings and stones. Just type "James Allen" in the search box.

I do not have personal experience with their settings or their melee, and my opinions about their settings is based on what I've read on here... so I would highly recommend you form your own opinion with that search.

Regarding where you can buy AGS0 center stones from... I believe all the vendors recommended on PS carry them or can get them in. It just depends what your particular concerns are. Some vendors provide A LOT of information about the stone and it's performance, some vendors carry particular lines of stones that are AGS0, and some vendors have stones in stock but do not specialize in any particular line of them, others are drop shippers.

Some sites to look at are:

www.goodoldgold.com (search for GOG or Good Old Gold for previous experiences)
www.highperformancediamonds.com (Search for HPD, WINKJONES, WINK, or Infinity for previous experiences)
www.briangavindiamonds.com (search for Brian Gavin or BGD or Brian Gavin Diamonds for previous experiences)
www.engagementringsdirect.com (search for ERD or Engagement Rings Direct for previous experiences).

James Allen, which you already know of... and also Dimend Scaasi (who carries Infinity as well).

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the setting you want? http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-3648.asp

You know Jamesallen does have AGS0 diamond don't you, If you want that setting then I would go ahead and buy the diamond from the same place too.

I don't know what kind of cut quality jamesallen has in their settings but I do know that there are tons of people on pricescope that have bought settings from them and love their rings. If you are wanting ideal cut stones in the setting I would look at whiteflash.com bc they use ACA melee in some of their settings

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
for the price of the James allen setting I personally would try to find a high quality designer setting or a custom jeweler with a proven reputation for pave work. Designers like Ritani, Scott Kay, tacori or custom guys like Leon Mege or Mark Morrell.

any of the vendors here get ags000 stones so that won''t be an issue. you have a wonderful budget and will be able to get a high quality ring.

EVERYDREAMISYOU

Rough_Rock
thank u all...i just feel like my head spins some times...its so much..all these jewelers just want $$$$$ that i''ve seen...thanks for the advice.....
emotion-15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results