shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Diamond Quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Does the quality of the diamonds in a pave ring matter? It seems like in most rings they''re so small that it shouldn''t but does it affect how much they sparkle and give off light?
Thanks.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. It does matter. I''ve seen both good and bad...stick with the good! It does affect sparkle and overall beauty.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes, Absolutely!

There will be many qualities of diamonds and levels of workmanship.

The differences are staggering when comparing a bottom of the barrel example to a top level example.

To use an analogy (they love car analogies here)

There are two cars
Both cars are red
One is a Ferrari
The other is a pinto

Pave is to jewelry like red is to cars

edited

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Among the rings talked about on Pricescope there must be about five different kinds of pave (as far as I know, which is not too far) - different in looks, price and the way the diamonds are set. Once you factor in that the diamonds used may be of different color, clarity or cut... there are lots of variables to handle.

I wouldn't know how to judge these, but once the surface is bright and made up of mostly diamond with just dots of metal showing (at least when the design is not intended otherwise !) - that's nice pave to me. How durable the work is, that's another issue - even if not much metal shows, those diamonds must stay in place. Sometimes they don't.

Not sure if a single type is tremendously better than all others though once cost is factored in. Do you have a certain piece of jewelry (=ready made design) in mind ?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Brian or anyone,

How would you characterize the difference between "premium", "Russian" and "Ideal" (forgive me if I don''t have the proper terms) cuts of pave assuming similar color and clarity and in a mounted situation? That is, not using H&A viewer or idealscope, but rather in a piece of jewelry in everyday wear.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

True SI goods with a decent color G/H will look fabulous in whte metal pave items, Assuming a decent make.

Of course colorless, VS goods will look better.

Much of the pave stuff on the market that I see is well below SI/GH , more like Imperfect with a top light brown or top light silver.

The mall store dept store stuff can be even worse (frozen spit)

Much of the small melle is being cut in China , nice stuff, at least the goods i see and purchase.

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock
does anyone know the quality of ritani pave diamonds?

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Come to think of it, I see what you mean. In high school, i had a gold ring with light pave on it from a mall store and it didn''t sparkle at all. It looked like diamond chips...do crappy stores use these for pave?
Where do reputable stores get their pave from? Are those diamond chips as well?

I''m considering the A. Jaffe Micro Pave set that someone had on here (it''s gorgeous), this set from Signed Pieces:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=915
(Does anyone know how much it is for just one eternity band and the mounting for the e-ring? I emailed them and hadn''t heard back from them)
or this one from solomonbrothers:
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=89651&iPos=6&sSQL=adGetJewelry+%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%2D1%2C%2D1%2C%27pave+ring%27%2CNull%2C%27ASC%27

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock
hey ilovebling:

I haven''t heard how much it is for just one ring and the mounting, but if you do find out, I would be really interested as well. I''ll try to e-mail them too.

Thanks

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 8
6.gif
3:49 PM
Author: crankydave

The quality of the diamonds and the skill of the artisan securing them will determine the final appearance.
BINGO!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results