shape
carat
color
clarity

PAVE BASKET SETTING IN PLATINUM

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mflynn

Rough_Rock
I have an Oval diamond set in a four prong platinum tiffany setting. I found the exact setting I was looking for. It is a basket setting with pave diamonds on the basket as well as half way down each side of the ring quite like the Ritani setting. It is thin and they said it was close to 1 ct in diamonds (g-h color. My oval is H)

The vendor was Kobelli and I guess the style is discontinued. I thought $3800 was a lot for the setting. Does anyone know of Kobelli and are they worth the money?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid I don't know the designer. Is this ring platinum or white gold? For a "designer" setting, it strikes me as very overpriced for whitegold and perhaps only slightly over priced for platinum. For a comparison, the ritani you are talking about is about $1900 on pearlman's website in white gold. However, the michael b's go for 4k plus.

mflynn

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. The ring is in platinum and has close to 1ct. in pave stones. It is a decent weight but the sales associate says platinum is suppose to go up soon so buy now. I still think it is high at 4k. I don''t think it looks the money but I love the ring.

Thanks for your reply.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 2:30:23 PM
Author: mflynn
Thanks so much. The ring is in platinum and has close to 1ct. in pave stones. It is a decent weight but the sales associate says platinum is suppose to go up soon so buy now. I still think it is high at 4k. I don''t think it looks the money but I love the ring.

Thanks for your reply.
if the ring has been discontinued, platinum prices (which change constantly) will not effect the price of this piece. it''s already been made. don''t let someone bully you into a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results