shape
carat
color
clarity

pavé shank double claw prongs..

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
good morning psers! :wink2:

I wrote a long time ago seeking for advice on using a grandma's ring as engagement ring and got excellent advice.
however, the plan for various reasons did not work :(sad
so I am now back in search for beautiful alternative arrangements.
some pictures on this website have been of incredible inspiration. for instance, I am loving zavy's WF double claw prong setting:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-double-claw-prongs-solitaire.120039/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-double-claw-prongs-solitaire.120039/[/URL]

I would however like to have a very thin (possibly about 1.8 to 2 mm max) 3 sides pavé shank.

to the risk of sounding cheap.. I have never had custom made jewelry and have absolutely no idea of the costs.. so any ideas of where I could source one without having it custom made or having it custom made for a honest price? :roll:

also, please, post pics if you have something similar in your pic folder!!

thank you thank you

d.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
dianabarbara|1352881883|3306108 said:
good morning psers! :wink2:

I wrote a long time ago seeking for advice on using a grandma's ring as engagement ring and got excellent advice.
however, the plan for various reasons did not work :(sad
so I am now back in search for beautiful alternative arrangements.
some pictures on this website have been of incredible inspiration. for instance, I am loving zavy's WF double claw prong setting:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-double-claw-prongs-solitaire.120039/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-double-claw-prongs-solitaire.120039/[/URL]

I would however like to have a very thin (possibly about 1.8 to 2 mm max) 3 sides pavé shank.

to the risk of sounding cheap.. I have never had custom made jewelry and have absolutely no idea of the costs.. so any ideas of where I could source one without having it custom made or having it custom made for a honest price? :roll:

also, please, post pics if you have something similar in your pic folder!!

thank you thank you

d.

I will just say that the majority of quotes I have requested have been fair and honest. For the look you are describing you are asking for a rather $$$$ settings. I would request quotes from all the PS vendors...however if you really want a well done pave ring I would go with the masters of LM, SK and VC. However, if you want a less expensive route I would do WF or BGD. I think they still do very pretty pave work for less expensive. However I would request quotes...sometimes I have been very pleasantly surprized with what I get in. I'm estimating the ring will be in the 3-6k range.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sarah, thank you for your suggestions! :))
from what I have seen on this website, Victor is phenomenal.. :love:

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would also contact David at Diamonds By Lauren. Fantastic to work with, and his Uber line of settings is meticulously crafted by hand. I have at least two of the Uber settings and the claw prongs are perfectly in proportion for the stone vs. the metal showing. Delicate and sturdy. I have found his prices are very good too.

I wish you well,

Bridget

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
thank you bridget!! sonds like I have a lot of homeworks to do!!! :tongue:
luckily there is not too much rush.. however, if quotes are really high as suggested, perhaps I should take a look at vintage items.
I have seen a really nice ring, upon which I will open another tread shortly, as I feel I need tons of guidance 8)

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi Md!!

It is actually your ring that got my heart set on this idea. I have been lurking on DB for ages now.. :tongue:
The only things is that I would like to have a more plain design on the basket.. just simple double claw prongs without the circle of diamonds, if what I am saying makes any sense.

I also have to say that I am still considering various alternatives, including the antique ring in the other post.

But I do love your ring. It'a BEAUTY!!

I hope you soon find a buyer that recognizes that it is a very good deal :)

d.

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
Totally understand! I will say that prong details are so much more incredibly subtle in real life.

ALSO- if you love the shank design I would HIGHLY recommend my jeweler. I searched high and low for this style of super thin three sided pave. This ring was custom so the prongs could be executed differently but the band is based on an existing design. Pricing is also much better than the typical PS vendors you will approach.

Best of luck!!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Md, thank you for your advice!

I will keep this in mind, if not this time, it will be useful another day :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results