shape
carat
color
clarity

Pastels

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
So I was in a meeting earlier today and noticed how the beveled edge of a piece of glass created a pastel dispersion to it. I changed my viewing angle it moved along the beveled edge. In essence a large facet reflecting the colors back to me. It reminded me of how AVC's can be pastely.

What is the science behind creating pastel versus vibrant color dispersion? Can it be done in other cuts?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pastel color IS dispersion too, just of light that's lower in intensity.
I think if you took that same beveled edge of a piece of glass outside in full sun and positioned your head just right you'd see blinding flashes of color, not pastels.

I suspect pastels (vs. vibrant strong bright colors) are the result of lighting and environment, not diamond cut itself.

Perhaps pastels are just more noticeable in diamonds with larger facets, like the AVC and Emerald cut and in beveled glass.
I certainly notice pastels more in my 2.26 asscher than my 0.83 round Solasfera!
In fact the most beautiful my asscher ever looked was in a 99-Cents store which had lighting that created the most astonishing layers of soft solid pastels in my asscher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results