shape
carat
color
clarity

Pass the mother-in-law test? How about its light performance

lb0424

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Given the situation that I cannot get idealscope or ASET images of this diamond, what are your opinions? Crown angle seems a bit high from the 'ideal' parameters, but does the shallow pavillion angle compensate for it? Does anyone have access to any diamond software that can simulate it's light performance? Thank you!

GIA 3X
2.02ct H SI1
8.04-8.09x5.01
Faint Fluorescence

h-si1.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Pass the mother-in-law test? How about its light perform

Is it returnable if you end up not liking it?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Angle combination could work but there are 2 factors not taken into account regarding proportions.

1. Precision of the slope angles.
2. Precision of the azimuth angles.

These are "averages" of the crown and pavilion angles. How far off their deviations are will impact light performance as well as azimuth angles. The average angles you see reported on a GIA Report (and all lab reports for that matter) are slope angles which are cut in the north/south orientation. The precision to which they are cut can impact performance. Since diamond is a 3 dimensional object, azimuth angles are cut in the east/west orientation. I've seen GIA X cut diamonds with better angle combinations be as much as AGS 2 in light performance for these reasons alone not to mention other gemological factors that could impact the value. I would suggest having the diamond vetted by a professional if you really want to know the facts.

Kind regards,
Rhino

lb0424

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the reply, Rhino! Greatly appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results