shape
carat
color
clarity

paspaley pearls 10-11 mm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
i recently got a a quote for a set of med. to high lustre paspaley pearls from my jeweler. they actually come from the distributor in the US which is Stuller-Paspaley. His quote for this 10-11 mm 17" strand, round, med-high lustre, AAA FINE grade was $16,500. They are virtually 95% flawless and you have to use a jeweler''s magnifier to detect hardly any flaws. I have also contacted Paspaley in Australia, and their prices are considerably high for the ''couture'' strands which come with a diamond signature on one of the pearls.
Is there anyone out there that considers this a fair price for this type of strand?? Thank you for any input.
35.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dont know much about pearls, but WOW thats alot o'' cash! More then I paid for my house LOL!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know nothing about this named pearl or pearl group.

however, i did some looking around while in AU earlier this month and i saw strands that were incredible for INCREDIBLE prices for those of the size you are seeking. high grade pearls have high grade prices. and the difference when viewing them is very noticeable.

mz

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
from what i understand, they have the leading south sea pearl industry in australia & japan. supposedly the ''bentley'' of pearl farmers.

http://www.paspaleypearls.com/home.htm

they are very expensive but almost flawless

pearls are a very complicated market as the price depends on many variables, including uniformity in size, luster, nacre, color, and flaws.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Paspaley is like the Cartier of pearls.

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Hello Gem -

you are correct on all counts. Pearl prices vary considerably based on several factors. I have found that varying degrees of luster will dramatically change the price.

And as MZ said, the difference is very noticable. I recently had a couple of strands of white south sea baroque, and the strand that had the smaller sized pearls was more than double the cost of the larger size strand - because of the intense luster.

Paspaley and Stuller are both highly reputable companies. The price you quoted is a very fair price for the pearls you described.

julie.

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you pearlie.

I think I am going to go for it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
36.gif
please indulge us with some pics once you get them!?

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you! I will surely pass on some photos. They were ordered today. Will take 7-10 ten days to come in.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
http://www.paspaleypearls.com/english/index.htm

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
gemofnj:

I have been looking for a place to buy paspaley pearls (i am in the US) do you have a contact (your jeweler) you can post?

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
I hope it is ok that I can post this name. Please let me know if you arent allowed to do this. I am new on this site.

The vendor he got the paspaley pearls is from Stuller.

http://www.stuller.com/

They merged with Paspaley some years ago.

Paspaley pearls can only be purchased thru a PP dealer. They are usually FINE in grade and 95-98% free of blemishes. They also strand their pearls a unique way with silk so that you do not see any knots.

Luster is a big factor and the smallest they come is 10-11mm.

I will post a photo when I receive them. I hope I will be satisfied with the luster, as the vendor did not have the exact size I wanted available, so he used a larger model for the sample. I opted for the invisible clasp, so that you do not know where the strand ends and begins.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks --I do know about stuller and paspaley but i cant find anyone that has an account or relationship with them to order. Do you have a jeweler you are using that you can recommend?

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
did i miss something?

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Bgray,

You can get them thru Frank at this jeweler:

http://www.seragoroberts.com

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Bgray,

Are you seriously considering to buy a strand? Do you know much about PP pearls?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Gem.

Please show us the pictures when your pearls arrive and Bgray please update us too.

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sure thing. They probably wont be in until 3/15. Are there directions on this site on how to upload photos. Maybe I better practice. lol

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:33:02 AM
Author: gemofnj
Sure thing. They probably wont be in until 3/15. Are there directions on this site on how to upload photos. Maybe I better practice. lol

Gem,

On the home page there is a FAQ folder, about the third folder down is how to upload.reduce photos.

Give your photos a very unique name, something that won''t be found in the database, otherwise an error message will pop up if it thinks its a duplicate.

Oh goody.. more pics ... can''t wait to see them..

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
test for photo uploads.

kitty2010.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
great test shot Gem.

Sweet little kitty with eyes like teal tahitians.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
She stole my heart.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the pearls are as pretty as that kitty!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and she is an absolute perfect pearl!

mz

gemofnj

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Folks,

Quick update. Pearls should be in by the end of this week. They are coming from Australia. I hope I''m not disappointed. (keeping my fingers crossed they have lots of lustre).

The only catch is that these pearls were a special order because of the size (10-11) It is policy that Paspaley does NOT take returns. This is very nerve racking. YIKES.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hopefully you won''t even have to worry about returns. I bet they will be STUNNING! Looking forward to seeing them!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gem,

Good luck, can''t wait for the pictures. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results