shape
carat
color
clarity

Parents, what is the naughtiest thing your children ever did?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids all had the occasional urge to "write" (They were mostly younger than 3) on the walls.

Didn't shock me much....when I was in HS our little neighbour (let's call him Jack) had *just* learned how to write. One day his parents received several phone calls after school along the lines of " Jack loves Rosie, right? "
Turns out he had etched "Jack luvs Rosie into more than fifteen parked cars between the bus stop and his house.

Neighborhood talked about this for YEARS

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst I did as a kid was pretty bad and I am glad it didn't end in any permanent harm. I was around 5 years old and my little brother was around 2. We were playing outside in the yard and I got him to eat a bunch of berries that were growing. I don't remember the specifics. I'm pretty sure I didn't know anything other than mom said don't touch those. Anyway, they had to give him stuff to induce vomiting and sat up all night with him throwing up watching for any signs he needed to get to the hospital. (I feel bad about this but I know that I didn't mean to hurt him and one of our parents should have been out with us in the unfenced yard in a so-so neighborhood!)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i only drew on the wall once
and i didn't get s smack for it even - and i got a few smacks because it wasn't illegal back then
it was red crayon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, oh my goodness, can't imagine being Jack's mother, she must have been mortified! Pretty flattering for Rosie though ;-)

@TooPatient, I'm so glad your brother was okay. At 2 he could have easily decided to pick the berries and eat them himself too. Parenting is such hard work because you are either trying to keep the kids from inadvertently harming themselves or each other!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was very naughty. And I’m the one who did it when I was a kid. I was around 7? I should have known better.

It was April 1st and I had the bright (not) idea to tell my mom when I got home from school that my sister was missing. o_O Yeah I had convinced my 5 yo sister to go along with it and she was hiding in the house. Not a good idea. Craziness and a it of hysteria ensued and well let’s just say I never did that again. ::)

But honestly I was a good kid. Most of the time.:halo:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, wow your poor parents lol! Well I'm glad your sister wasn't missing IRL! With all the stress that comes with children it's a wonder people go into it willingly but of course they bring great joy.

Wine also helps :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My niece was a pistol growing up.
She was playing on a trampoline when she was about 6 and a kid 2x her size and much older pushes her down and laughs calling her a little girl.
She goes across the trampoline and gets a huge jump right into his gut with a perfect shoulder tackle.
He sits there and balls and she goes back to bouncing around and from what I heard never messed with her again.
I cracked up laughing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K, good for her, I bet he left her alone after that encounter!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K that reminded me of an incident with my son. When he was 4 and going through chemo he was bald and pretty sensitive about it. He rode his big wheel all the time on the sidewalk in front of our house. Another kid from down the street who was a few years older would make fun of him for both being bald and riding a big wheel. Although it didn't deter him from riding, one day he had enough. He literally ran his big wheel into the kid! He screamed, "I might be bald but I got wheels!" I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, cheer him on, or punish him. I think it was a combination!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Gussie I would have cheered.
I am a firm believer in letting the kids take care of business and only stepping in when its grossly unfair or serious injury is likely.
A while back I got yelled at by a parent for standing by and letting 2 aprox. 10 year olds fight it out.
I was like they are the same size, same age and both in good health let them fight it out.
Needless to say that went over like a ton of bricks.
She threatened to call the cops and I told her to go ahead her kid was the one that started it so he would be the one charged.
The other kid was self defense.
No cops were called and I highly doubt her kid will be so eager to fight anyone again when his mommy isn't around to save him.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie, I love your son's spirit, good for him! I'm glad he recovered fully.

I was talking to our youngest about differences, there was a little girl at school orientation who had vitiligo I believe. He kept saying she had "polka dots" so we explained to him how we don't want to hurt someone's feelings and I said, how would you feel if you had only one arm and someone was making fun of you?

His response?

"I would just punch them in the face with my other arm"

I have no idea where he came from, we do not condone violence but it's very clear that if anyone provokes him he is ready to defend himself!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, these stories are so fun to read, and I feel for those of you with naughty kids! I wish I had naughty kids, instead my kids were the tame ones that stayed in their seats at restaurants, quietly colored and filled out worksheets, had long attention spans where I could take them to movie theaters. They were given "good citizenship" awards at preschool and elementary......

Then came middle school and teen years....found out my son is friends with the high school "dealer" who sold him and his friends pot and bb guns. I have found texts on my daughter's phone about meeting up at someone's locker for a "drink" during recess, and both my daughter and son have been reprimanded for helping their friends cheat on tests, or copying assignments etc. So far nothing that has resulted in suspension from school or expulsion (THANK GOD), and my son has 3 days until high school graduation....crossing fingers.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with you @Karl_K, gotta let kids defend themselves when appropriate, parents won't always be around and the kids that don't defend themselves become easy targets.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom, this reminds me of how things were with my oldest and how he was so easy and well behaved, rather timid then our second son was born. Thought I had it all figured out but he proved me wrong!

I am glad your kids didn't get into serious trouble and he is almost at the finish line so I bet it will be okay!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @Gussie another parent with a entrepreneur :lol::lol::lol:. When my son was 8 or 9 I found his school bag full of 1 and 2 dollar coins. So I asked him where did all that money come from?

Turns out he had been telling me he was really hungry and asking for extra things like small packets of chips and breakfast bars and things they were allowed to have for lunch and recess in their lunch boxes, so he could sell them for a substantial profit to the other kids.

At 8 or 9 he was boasting "I sold a half eaten tiny packet of potato chips/crisps to this kid for $1.00, I totally can't believe he paid that much." So I asked him to stop it so he didn't get in trouble. I explained that he would get into trouble and why.

Then about 6 months later we get a call from his school, a teacher caught him in the playground selling food (after I asked him to stop) and had a serious discussion with him about it. She actually told me she thought it was hilariously funny and showed amazing enterprise but that according to school rules she had to ensure he got into trouble.

So again we had an in depth discussion on why doing that was not acceptable.

Then there have been numerous incidents where his best friend who I have labelled "the hacker", hacked into their old school internet, changed all the internet settings and actually made the whole thing run faster and better without the school or their IT people knowing. Then that kid hacked into all his neighbours internet. Then he came over to my house hacked into my internet without passwords in less than 2 minutes, then I found out they both hacked into all my neighbours internet. That was at the ages of 10 and 11.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rockdiamond Ahhhhh, I could totally see this happening in our house full of boys!

@arkieb1, I love it! I also get a real kick out of your hacker story, probably one of my favorites!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results