shape
carat
color
clarity

Parenting - The Joy, Trial & Tribulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try to encourage water drinking. It is a life long thing that is important, and helps later on, I always watered those really sugary juices down because it was just an overload of empty calories. I know it is hard, but getting a kid to like water and drink it is vital...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2007 11:26:20 PM
Author: diamondfan
I always watered those really sugary juices down because it was just an overload of empty calories.
I did that, also, and my daughter did not grow up drinking gallons of fruit juice like other children. The pediatrician once asked her how much fruit juice she was drinking, among other health questions, and we both sat there fearing it wasn''t going to be enough only to find it had been a trick question. The answer had been supposed to be lower than the amount that most children imbibed. I have to say that as an adolescent she does seem to like Coca Cola, Gatorade, and lemonade, though. But maybe she would be drinking more if she had had bad early habits. We don''t have bottles of Coke in the house, even if we do have bottles of Gatorade in the closet!

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results